Monday, December 14, 2009

Finished!


I said 3:59:59 would be a dream time, but 3:57:21 is even better! I finished the marathon under my goal time and more importantly, had a great time doing it thanks to my awesome husband, family, and friends that came out to support me along the way. More later, (much more) but I wanted to make sure my blog friends knew that I made it past Goal #1 (Do not die) and I am still here. I just can't walk normally this morning. Stay tuned and thanks for the prayers, I felt them!

7 comments:

The Q. Family said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you!! What an amazing accomplishment, you have so much to be proud of. Congrats! xoxo Devon

Phil said...

Way to go doofus! what - you think because you ran a marathon you will get anymore respect from me? COMEON!!!!!

Nicole said...

Even when Al was "dying" at mile 23, she was waving and smiling like a beauty queen... and we have the pictures to prove it. Al is awesome! Way to show that marathon who's boss, lady.

Anonymous said...

Al.....we're so proud of you. what an achievement...
love you,
Mom & Dad

Kyle said...

You rock girl!!! Again, thanks for including me in your quest. So... ready to run an Ultra. I'll run it with ya, LOL

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Wonderful post Alison! Brought tears to my eyes. I am super duper proud of you. ((hug))