Saturday, December 12, 2009

26.2 in T - 24 hours.


Tomorrow at 8am, I run my first marathon. 26. 2 miles. I feel prepared. I feel excited. I feel nervous. I feel proud. I have trained for six long months. This is a very emotional race for me, and I fully expect to completely lose it WHEN (not if) I cross the finish line. Here are my goals for tomorrow's race in order of importance...

Goal #1: Do not die.

Goal #2: Do not require significant medical attention during or after the race.

Goal #3: Cross the finish line.

Goal #4: Walk only thru water stops and at the top of the Dolly Parton Hills (you can guess why they are called that).

Goal #5: Beat Oprah's marathon time of 4.29:20

Goal #6: Get as close to 4 hr. as possible. My goal is to run a 4:00 - 4:15 marathon, depending on the temperature. Hopefully, it will be nice and chilly (we are hoping for under 50 degrees). The higher the temperature, the higher finishing times for everyone. 3.59:59 would be a dream.

Stay tuned for my race results and pictures. I wouldn't mind a few prayers tomorrow between
8am - 1:00pm (hopefully more like noon, but the more prayers the merrier)!

Just for fun... other celebrity times. I know my mom would explode with pride if I beat Bush's time, but that is unlikely for many reasons.

Will Ferrell: 3.56:12
Mario Lopez (aka : A.C. Slater): 5.41:41
George W. Bush: 3.44:52
P. Diddy: 4.14:54
Katie Holmes: 5.29:58


4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

YOU ROCK ALISON!!! Can't wait to see your time on the list of celebrity runs to beat next year!!!! GO ALISON GO, GO ALISON GO, GO ALISON GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PW

phil said...

I've got my text msging updates set up and my go al t-shirt at the ready (which I will wear all day tomorrow). rock the house al!

Julie said...

Who would have thought that day talking at aerobics would lead to this?! Girl, you've put in 26 hard weeks of training and tomorrow will pay off. Enjoy :).

The Palmer Family said...

Ok, it's 7:56am on 12/13/09 - almost START time! Thinking of you!!!