HE:
... Has found work much more bearable the past few weeks. Compared to billing 87 hours in one week, anything would be bearable, I would think .... Has swiftly become an iPod touch addict and gets all excited over his new "apps."
... Is still singing for the 1st-3rd graders at church. And by "singing" I mean, performing a wide variety of embarrassing hand motions set to "new-age" Sunday school songs.


... Decided on a Friday over lunch with friends to participate in a triathlon taking place a mere 36 hours later on Sunday morning. No training required? I don't think so. He had been riding his bike and running a bit, but hadn't swam a lap in four years. I was the annoying wife that sent him to the pool on Saturday so as to not have a dramatic scene involving life-saving measures on race day. He survived and so did his two buddies, and we have pictures to prove it.
THEY:
... Are hot.
... Won't drink water if it has even one tiny leaf afloat in the bowl. I'm just waiting for them to insist on filtered water.
... Have been pouting because I won't take them for a "w.a.l.k." at four o'clock when it is 104 degrees out. Think again, K9's.

... Love swimming in the lake. Don't love Josh's forceful snuggles.
HE :
... Is getting better about staying in his bed when we put him down to sleep. Still not fabulous, but better. Looks like the reward chart and the Matchbox cars he gets for 5 stars is working for him!
...Is getting awesome at counting into the double digits but gets stuck on fourteen ("furteen") like a broken record, "ten- eleven- twelve- thirteen- furteen - furteen - furteen...." We are still working on the colors of the rainbow. Poor kid sees the world in blue. Blue is my favorite color, so at least he picked a good one.

... Is becoming a big boy. I thought I would NEVER talk about potty training on my blog. I won't go into details, friends, but Josh has been peeing on the potty. Only once a day and only to hear the funny song the little potty plays when he does the deed, but nonetheless, it is darn cute to see his face light up. He gets quite excited.
... Can't wait to enjoy chocolate milk via IV while staying at Granee and Pa's house this week.
... Has been serenading his favorite girls, Katie and Norah. Not in their presence, that would be too embarrassing. He has been singing their names to the tunes of "Jesus Loves Me," "Wheels on the Bus," and "Twinkle Twinkle." Sometimes the songs will contain both girl's names. Scandalous! Just what every girl wants.

... Is all about his Daddy right now. He is always asking for Chris. "My Daddy?" over and over. I can't count the number of times he says "My Daddy?" during the day. So sweet.

... Is loving our neighbors for tearing down their existing house and rebuilding a new one in it's place. What does this mean for Josh? Well, how does a steady stream of tractors, cement trucks, dump trucks, and cranes going up and down the street sound to a vehicle-obsessed two year old? Pretty awesome, that's how it sounds!! How does it sound to the rest of the neighborhood? Loud, very loud.
SHE /ME:

... Has been serenading his favorite girls, Katie and Norah. Not in their presence, that would be too embarrassing. He has been singing their names to the tunes of "Jesus Loves Me," "Wheels on the Bus," and "Twinkle Twinkle." Sometimes the songs will contain both girl's names. Scandalous! Just what every girl wants.
... Is all about his Daddy right now. He is always asking for Chris. "My Daddy?" over and over. I can't count the number of times he says "My Daddy?" during the day. So sweet.

... Is loving our neighbors for tearing down their existing house and rebuilding a new one in it's place. What does this mean for Josh? Well, how does a steady stream of tractors, cement trucks, dump trucks, and cranes going up and down the street sound to a vehicle-obsessed two year old? Pretty awesome, that's how it sounds!! How does it sound to the rest of the neighborhood? Loud, very loud.
SHE /ME:
... Is super excited for my little trip to Austin to celebrate my birthday with my best girl friends. Spa day with Pickles and dinner on the lake with the girls, sounds all right to me!!!

... Is having fun hanging out with the girls this summer. Our little neighborhood is packed full of lovely ladies that are tons of fun. Josh loves their kids, and I love their mama's! Perfect fit!
... Is a MAC, not a PC! I am currently blogging from my new MAC BOOK!!!! Oh yes I am! Chris surprised me with this little gem of a machine yesterday as an early birthday present. Our ghetto fabulous PC had just about bit the dust and it was time for a new laptop. I have always wanted a Mac for creative reasons. Let me tell you, it was love at first sight, or type. I can feel my creative mojo coming back. Thank you, Chris!!!

WE.... are so happy you stopped by our little blog today!

1 comment:
judging from his lounging-on-murphy pose, mb is approximately 8 feet tall. what goes on?
can't wait to see you, birthday girl! xoxo
Post a Comment