Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Vacation.


We've always known Josh is quite the beach bum. He was born blessed with thick blond unruly hair and that laid-back attitude required for beach living. A friend put it perfectly when he said that Josh looks like he is on a permanent vacation.

This weekend, Josh lived up to the stereotype as he did some serious chillin' on the beach with Chris' family.


It didn't take him long to warm up to the
ocean waves like in past beach trips. In fact, as soon as he saw the ocean the morning we arrived, he went straight for the big waves and didn't look back. Every morning, he asked to go to "my ocean" (yep, the vast ocean belongs to him, sorry God) and ran fearlessly into the waves and didn't stop until they knocked him down.



The big fun happened on Saturday afternoon when the nice folks "beached" next to us fished themselves a two foot Bonnet Head Shark out of the same waters in which we were gleefully relaxing. Josh LOVED it! I did not. Josh was quick to start the scary
Jaw's theme song when we told him it was a shark. The things people teach kids these days, I tell you what! I especially didn't like how the nice people let the poor dying shark back into the water right where our chairs were parked. That was when I decided it was a good time to go upstairs for lunch and a nap. Bye-bye Sharky.


We had a great time with Chris' family. Josh loved being the center (and I really mean "center" as he spent the majority of the weekend standing in the middle of the living room performing) of attention and the cause of many smiles and giggles.

Oscar, Josh's maternal great-grandfather joined us for the trip and wasn't afraid to use weapons to get Josh to behave!

Never fear, Josh isn't above beating up on a kind, old man!

Uncle Tim stole Josh's heart with his John Deere hat, race car talk, and fire fighting tips. He also found a live crab that we rescued and placed in a bucket of sandy water. Josh loved it for about 30 seconds until Josh's girly, excited scream scared the poor crab to a quick retreat into it's toddler resistant shell.


No big surprise, there was a lot of music being played at the beach condo this weekend. Pa introduced Josh to the joys of Kazoo-playing. It was nothing short of the funniest thing I've ever seen watching 7 adults trying to teach Josh how to blow into the Kazoo. I do not include myself in this count of teaching adults since I have yet to figured out the proper way to play a Kazoo. It is no wonder I am the only non-blood family member in this crowd.


Now, it's back to the reality of city life and hanging with boring mommy all day.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

another song josh needs to know is "baby shark (doot doot doot doot). remind me to teach him that one when I'm in Dallas next. Glad y'all had fun at the beach! Miss you.

Phil said...

seriously, that kind needs an agent.

Phil said...

...and what I meant was "kid"....that "kid" needs an agent.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that boy should be in pictures!
What can I say, he's a star.
Love you all.....
MeMe

Tricia said...

Currently, Josh Brown. Future, Chris Issak. Hey, you could do worse!

stj