Josh and I just got back from a fun and quick visit to the beautiful hill country. Josh spent a few days at Camp Granee and Pa where only good things happen and ice cream appears instantly and without begging. Josh was thrilled to be reunited with his Mini- Nascar race car. Pa even taught him how to change the oil and air up the tires using rocks and sticks. Just give a guy a rock, a stick, and maybe some Duct Tape and they can make miracles happen.

Josh enjoyed the baby pool, playing with Hershey, pancake breakfasts, and screaming "START YOUR ENGINES" into Granee's landscape light posts (???). I think he had a fine time. And so did I.....
While Josh was having fun with his grandparents, I was with Nicole at the amazing Lake Austin Spa for a day of birthday pampering and relaxation. Our day in a nut shell: pool- body scrub- yummy lunch-massage-pool. It was pretty much awesome.

After a rough spa-filled day, we headed to meet our friends at a "I wish I was in Hawaii, but I'm not so I will dress in a cheesy shirt and pretend like I am" restaurant on the lake. I was quick to order up a tropical drink with an umbrella and served in a fish bowl. A real fish bowl. A real and giant fish bowl. Needless to say, it was a fun night. Meanwhile, poor Chris was stuck at home mediating a fight between our MAC and PC as he tried desperately to get our music files transferred to my new computer. I tried to help from afar, but my pineapple fajitas and fish bowl drink were just too distracting to do much good for him. Come on guys, can't we all just get along???
No comments:
Post a Comment