
The three of us at today's Easter Egg Hunt (Josh in mid- Rolo chew).
*****************************************************************
We have had an action-packed weekend. I think we have sufficiently covered all of a child's favorite things in the span of two short days. Let's see what we have checked off the list so far (and the weekend's not even over)...
- Birthday Party
- Bounce house
- Goats, lots of goats
- Pony Rides
- TWO Petting zoos
- Cheetos
- Hot Dogs
- Cupcakes
- TWO Easter Egg Hunts
- Cookie decorating
- Balloon Animal shaped like a giraffe
- Lots, and lots, and lots of candy
FRIDAY
On Friday, we were the lucky attendees of Miss Hanna's 3rd birthday party at a horse park. Josh got to ride a pony, which for some reason he really did not love, but he seemed to prefer the ponies that were safely tethered to the fence. Humm?
The GoatWhisperer.
Josh has a new love- goats. He was attached to a goat most of the morning. At one point, he squatted down, looked deeply into the goat's eyes, and said, "bleat bleat, goat!"
Although he found it tough to turn his back on the goats, when he saw the bounce houses in the distant, there was no stopping him. And, I mean, no stopping him. I had to climb into the bounce house to chase him out. I had my head down for 20 seconds putting my shoes on, and looked up to find him climbing into another bounce house! Ugh! Those things are awesome, but so evil when it is time to leave!!!!
Last year, Josh had a rough time at his school's Easter hunt, if it weren't for a generous little boy sharing his loot, Josh would have come home egg-less. This year, we weren't taking any chances! On Friday evening, Chris and I had a practice-egg hunt in the front yard so we could give Josh some pointers. One thing he missed, was the need to use his Easter basket. He simply collected all the eggs in his arms, not very effective.
This funny face was after one snickers and two nestle eggs. We were not all that happy when the sugar wore off about an hour later. SATURDAY
Practice made perfect! The next morning, Josh was a pro at the egg hunting. He found a bunch of plastic eggs filled with all kinds of sugary joy! There were sooooo many kids, it was tough to keep up with Josh as he sprinted towards the eggs.
At the petting zoo, Josh made friend's with some more goats. He walked straight up to this goat and said, "Hi Goat, how you doing?" 

Josh loved his giraffe balloon, so much so that he took a nice bite out of it and broke his poor legs.
After a long nap, the three of us headed to the lake for a bike ride. You can barely see Josh in his trailer, but he had a great time seeing the boats on the lake and enjoying some snacks as poor Chris pedaled away. Sorry for all the pictures, but since we couldn't be with our families this Easter weekend, I had to be sure I shared all the memories. We wish you all a very Happy Easter and pray that you can find gratitude and amazement in Jesus' death and resurrection.
"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. "
Philippians 3:10-12

2 comments:
Cute pictures!! I love blogs with pictures! I didn't know y'all had bikes with a trailer for Josh-- how cool!! Loving how he loved the goats... Collin kept trying to "kiss" them yesterday... Ewwwwww!
"Hi goat, how you doing?" LOVE IT! Happy Easter to my dears!
Post a Comment