Chris and I had a very busy weekend and since we haven't figured out how to be in three places at once, we had to bring in the reinforcements to help us. Meme came in town to watch Josh for us while Chris was busy with Habitat and church commitments and while I was in Austin. Josh loves his Meme and continually impressed her with his new words, fast moves, loud giggles, and his newly acquired skill of forming sentences.
Meme impressed us with her awesome Wii skills. We had fun playing golf, tennis, and bowling together after Josh went to bed one night. My mom is quite a talented golfer, so this game was right up her alley. I learned that tennis is not my game of choice and that bowling can lead to a very sore gluteus maximus the next morning.
It was a weekend filled with ladies cooing over cute babies. On Saturday we showered Tricia and William with love and presents. He was a perfect gentleman while being passed around the room. He slept the entire time except when he would wake up to shoot us a great big smile and wink, then, quickly fall back to sleep. But, Will wasn't the only baby to celebrate this weekend! On Sunday we enjoyed watching an equally sweet baby girl sleep the afternoon away while having a sip and see for Holly and her new baby, Ashley. I had lots of fun seeing my college girlfriends and meeting their sweet babies. Of course, the yummy food didn't hurt a bit.
Look at this sweet boy flirting with me!
If I could order a few just like him, I would.
Sunday morning, I slept in until 8:15 (so sad that I consider 8:15 sleeping in) and headed to Town Lake to run the trails. When we lived in Austin, I loved running around the lake and seeing all the dogs and wishing I had one of my own. Four years, two dogs, and one baby later, it's hard to imagine how much life has changed since the last time I ran that path.
For an added bonus, after my run, I was able to play with my camera by taking pictures of a rowing regatta taking place. I wish I could have captured the UT rowing team, instead of these yellow people, but the UT team was going WAY too fast to get a picture! Yes!
I am so glad that I had such a WONDERFUL time in Austin. It made being stuck in this....

...for almost SIX hours much more bearable on the way home Sunday night. And, yes, I took this picture while behind the wheel. But, technically, I was going ZERO miles per hour at the time, so it was legit.

...for almost SIX hours much more bearable on the way home Sunday night. And, yes, I took this picture while behind the wheel. But, technically, I was going ZERO miles per hour at the time, so it was legit.
2 comments:
Could you be any prettier!?!?! I mean, I'm just sayin'. :o) I love love love Austin too but never have been fortunate enough to live there.
Yeah Meme! Looks like everybody had a fun weekend. Miss you guys, and glad the sip and sees were a success! xoxo
Post a Comment