We've started this blog so friends and family can watch little guy (a.k.a. Mini-Baby, Macadamia Nut, Little Man) grow up and share in his noteworthy experiences. We hope you enjoy our story.
Monday, March 9, 2009
It's coming....
About two months ago, Josh was at school and I was enjoying a nice, quite, relaxing stroll through the aisles of the greatest store in the universe, Target. I was thinking what a great day I was having. Just then, I turned the corner and saw a disgusting scene--bathing suits! What? Seriously??? It wasn't even February yet, and there they were... itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow polka-dot bikinis (seriously, they were sold in green and blue as well) staring at me in the face. I immediately texted my friend to tell her about my revolting run-in with the bathing suit section. Only another woman can understand the fear and stress the first signs of summer can produce.
Two months later, I am feeling a little better about welcoming summer into our lives. Actually, I find myself quite excited to see the signs of spring/summer around us. I say spring/summer, because who are we kidding, in Texas there is not much difference. The signs are everywhere. The other day, I saw a bunch of bluebonnets on the side of the road, sun screen in the grocery store, flip flops in the shoe store, and an entire aisle of swim goggles at Target. But, the best part about warmer weather is playing outside with my little man. He loves to run around the playground from the slide to the swings to the climbing wall, and back again down the slide.
His energy is endless.
Lucky Josh had a great weekend. I found this great sit and spin at a children's consignment sale the other day, and he LOVES it! When he wakes up in the morning, he says, "spin, spin!" One afternoon, he took me by the hand and said, "Mama try it." I had to explain to him that Mama is waaayyy to old to be spinning around and way to big to sit my hiney on that toy. He laughed at me as if he knew exactly what I said and totally agreed. Hum. More toys, oh my!
Josh's Granee and Pa came into town for a quick visit and were able to finally give him his belated Christmas/Birthday present. He loves his new piano. It has a microphone attached--perfect! Josh in stereo, just what we needed! Ha! Pa was trying to show Josh that he could speak into the microphone and poor Josh didn't want to say anything. Pa, brilliant granddad that he is, told Josh to say--what else?--"car" into the microphone, and of course, Josh was cool with that. In fact, he was quite content with screaming, "CAR, CAR" over and over. Now, he is getting used to his amplified voice, and has been screaming new things into the microphone... "Kaaaaayyyy Kaaaayyyy!!!" "Mic check, Mic check" "Murphy!" "JooooossssshhhhhuuAAAA!" It is quite a sight; don't you wish you could see it? Well, here you go!
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I hope you bring out the new Mic for your St.Pat's party...imagine the fun you'd all have! I can't belive how big Josh is, he's growing before my eyes! Love you, MeMe
3 comments:
I hope you bring out the new Mic for your St.Pat's party...imagine the fun you'd all have!
I can't belive how big Josh is, he's growing before my eyes!
Love you, MeMe
Wow. Amplification. That sounds like a good idea until around 7am on a Saturday when he decides to pursue his dreams of American Idol.
So super cute!! I love watching the videos on the blog...please keep 'em coming.
~Betsy
Post a Comment