No surprise, I make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day. There is lots of green being worn and Lucky Charms for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Josh has THREE St. Patrick's Day shirts this year. I just couldn't decide, and since he is technically 50% Irish (not including the mix of Irish from Chris' side) I figure he can wear "Irish" shirts anytime of the year!
He looks like a leprechaun in his little hat! The shirt says he was born lucky, but I'm the lucky one who gets to hang out with this face all day!!
MeMe got this Rugby shirt in Ireland and Josh has been practicing his Rugby moves ever since he put it on! On Saturday, we hosted our annual St. Patrick's Day Party. I was terrible about taking pictures during the party, so there is not a lot to see, but here are a few...
Of course, there was a lot of green and Irish food. My fabulous mom baked her homemade Irish Soda Bread for me to serve with smoked salmon and I served my favorite Irish candies, cookies, and potato chips. 
Last year, I made tons of Irish Lamb stew, but I got off easy this year when Chris decided to fry Fish and Chips. It was a huge hit!! Good job, Chris!
My favorites...
Green fruit skewers finished off with an Irish Flag. That was a fun project.
Josh and I put together these little pots of gold for all the guests to take home to their little leprechauns. Josh did more stealing and eating of the gold coins than "helping," but you get the point.
We had Rock Band set up for people to play. After a few drinks and a green Jello shot or two, some people had lots of fun with this silly game, like these nice people.
How festive are these beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen?! For those of you who follow the blog, these are John and Luke's parents of the "John, John,and Luke" triad that Josh is obsessed with! 
The day after.
We decided to have our church small group (which isn't so small when you add the kids into the mix) over for a "left-over party" on Sunday night. We broke out Rock Band again and had lots of fun watching the kids partake in the music. The boy on the drums was AMAZING! Seriously, the drums are so hard, but he was so good. Josh sat in the middle of the room on his fire engine toy and would occasionally get up to dance for everyone.
It was a BIG weekend of entertaining that was so much fun!
I'll leave you with this piece of "Irishness..."

An Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry we missed the party! Looks like y'all had a great time and the food looks so cute and yummy!!! I love Josh's rugby Irish shirt!!
I think I see a baby in that pic! We had so much fun; thanks for having us.
happy skagaygay to you too, joshie!
Post a Comment