Last night, we took Josh to his first baseball game! It was great fun and he really enjoyed himself. His usual bedtime is 7-7:30ish, but he was so impressed with the enormity of the ballpark and the thousands of people around him, he was not "batting" (no pun intended) an eye while we were at the game. He stayed awake, alert, and not fussy until the 7th inning stretch (almost 10:30pm!!!!). He really loved the fireworks in the outfield when they scored a home run. The player hits a home run, the crowd goes wild, and the fireworks erupt in the sky. He loved it! He would clap, clap, clap and then stop suddenly and watch intently as the smoke evaporated into the dark sky and then look at me kind of sad when it was all gone. It really made me want more home runs! Then, if we scored (just) a run, the crowd would applaud and Josh would look up in the sky waiting for the fireworks. I wish it worked that way too, buddy!


*************************************

My boys made my Mother's Day a splendid day! First, I had nursery duty at church and at one point was holding THREE crying infants in my lap. It made me really appreciate Josh! After church, Chris took me to my absolute FAVORITE restaurant for some french toast. As soon as we got home Josh gifted me with a 2.5 hour nap in which I was able to spend some time in my Mother's Day present.....
.... a new lounge chair in my backyard. My backyard stresses me out completely due to my wonderfully active and large dogs. But, the good thing about this chair is I can lie down and close my eyes and not look at the mud pit around me and pretend I am on a beach. This is how Chris set it up for me Sunday morning. Isn't that so sweet?!?!!
After Josh's nap, we took the dogs to the lake for a swim. Their first swim of the season and boy did they love it! There were probably 10 labs in the water chasing balls with them. Josh really loved seeing all the dogs, but for some reason they ALL liked to find Josh in his stroller and shake their water-logged hair all over him. We were sure to give him a bath that night!
These are just some random cute pictures from the past few days....
We went to Ethan's 2nd Birthday party on Saturday and Josh helped me decorate the wrapping paper. He had so much fun standing on the big box and scribbling all over the paper. Happy Birthday Ethan!!!
Today was cleaning/laundry/bills/catch-up day at our house. Fun, Fun, Fun. I let Josh help me dust by spraying the dust cloth with water. He quickly discovered he could spray water in his face and apparently thought it was fun. He is such a boy!!! I was about to take it away from him, when I discovered it would keep him entertained quite nicely while I finished conquering the dust. Water can't do too much damage, right??? So, I moved him to the carpet as to not ruin my new hardwoods and about two minutes later, I found him DRENCHED from head to toe with water and he was giggling like crazy! It was a sight to see.
Sorry for the lonnnngggg post!!!


3 comments:
that ice cream sundae bowl/ rangers hat won't fit on mb's head anymore! what a fun outing. did josh eat some nacho cheese??
loved all the pics, Al! Minibaby is really growing up. Hope our paths cross soon!
Good times!
Joshie is such a happy boy!
Love you!
Post a Comment