Friday, May 9, 2008

Do these shorts make me look fat?

I know, I know... Josh will never forgive me for posting this picture.
Recently, Josh has learned where his belly button is. Everytime I ask him, " Josh, where's your belly button?" He lifts up his shirt, sticks his belly WAY far out (as seen above) and grabs his belly. It is so very cute! Then, there are the times he lifts MY shirt up and points at my belly button. Thank God this hasn't happened in public, but it is only a matter of time. Poor bystanders.


Other fun Joshua-isms (what we call them in our house) include climbing the couches, climbing on top of the hearth, climbing on the dogs, climbing on my back, climbing on his push toys. I'm sorry, did I not mention he has learned to climb??? He is finally enjoying books. He loves The Sheep in the Jeep and his Kindermusic book of farm animals. He really loves the Rooster, or maybe it's the ridiculously embarrassing "Cock-A -Doodle-Do" I holler when we read that page. He loves Ca-Cus (crackers), Nanas (Bananas), and Caus (cars). I am really praying my Mother's Day present is a nice and clear "Ma Ma" when he sees me. I would love that! He loves tempting the dogs with Goldfish so they will chase him around the house. He loves hiding in the drapes and playing peek-a-boo once I find his little feet sticking out. But, of all the smiles and giggles I am blessed to witness everyday, none compare to the smile when his Daddy comes in the door from work. Ahhh, moments I wish I could bottle up to keep forever.


Josh had another fun day with Katie this week. We met at the toddler park and they ran all over each other to get to the slide. Katie is really good at going down the slide. She gets it - sit on your bottom, shoes slightly elevated, tighten your core muscles, and weeeee- slllidddeee down. Josh, not so much. He thinks it is best to kneel at the top and spring down head first. This is why I have to spot him, which is not easy in a toddler-sized play scape.


Buzzzzz. Here is Josh's new hair style. He looks not so happy, but I think the sun was in his eyes, because he was loving the slide- I promise.



This week was our last music class. Josh loves his weekly social and dance hour. Here is his sweet teacher teaching him how to play an instrument. Banging a stick on something to make a loud sound = much fun for Josh.


This is how much he loves his music class. He spends the hour running around the room flirting with the cute girls in the class. He also loves sitting in Erin's lap during music class (and any other time she is around). He backs himself into her lap and will just sit there. Let me repeat, he just sits in her lap!! If I get him and put him in my lap, he gets up and goes back into her lap. I'm trying really hard not to get jealous. It's not working.



Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

i love love love that belly. can't wait for him to learn about head shoulders knees and toes!

work on ma-ma, then please get him to practice pick-eees. xoxo!