
There are many reasons I love my mom. Here are just a few....
She leaves me treats on my bedside table when I come home to visit (gummy worms when I was a kid, chocolates now).
She sends me, Chris, Phil, and anyone else who knows how to read, articles that she thinks they will find interesting- how thoughtful is that?
She makes a mean homemade chocolate cake.
She doesn't mind when Josh comes and turns her perfect house into a tornado zone.
She wrote down what diapers and formula I use so she could save coupons for me.
She has supported every decision I have ever made - because she taught me how to make good ones.
She could be a professional florist or decorator, but denies her talent.
She would do anything for her friends.
She would do anything for her family.
She said yes to everything I wanted to make my wedding day a dream.
She was the president of the PTA and the Den Mom for the Boy Scouts.
She gave me her curls (which I hate), but in turn, I gave them to Josh (which I love).
She set her phone to play a Christmas carol when I call, because she knows how much I love Christmas.
She still calls me her Honey Bunny.
She loves to shop at Stein Mart.
She keeps track of the weather where I live and where Phil lives, because she cares.
She made me a cute outfit for my first day of kindergarten, complete with a matching purse.
She brags about Phil to anyone who will listen (so do I).
She uses her cute Irish accent to get out if all sorts of trouble (mostly traffic tickets).
She has taught me how to support my husband's career with grace and patience.
She listens to books on tape at the grocery store, in the car, at home, in the backyard, and just about anytime she is not talking to someone on the phone or in person.
She has a bright green thumb, resulting in the most amazing and beautiful garden.
She has taught me how to support my husband's career with grace and patience.
She listens to books on tape at the grocery store, in the car, at home, in the backyard, and just about anytime she is not talking to someone on the phone or in person.
She has a bright green thumb, resulting in the most amazing and beautiful garden.
She still picks on HER big brother.
She calls me to tell me about the latest movie she has watched while ironing.
She cooks an amazing turkey dinner that she inevitably finds too dry for her taste ( but it never is).
She calls me to tell me about the latest movie she has watched while ironing.
She cooks an amazing turkey dinner that she inevitably finds too dry for her taste ( but it never is).
She lights a candle or has a Mass said for anyone who is going through troubles.
She has taught me how to keep my house spotless and "tidy."
She sends me cards for every and any occasion she can think of.
She loves to talk politics.
She is very proud of her Irishness.
She can't go anywhere without meeting a new friend or running into a old one.
She is a dog whisperer. Seriously, even the meanest of dogs will love her.
She loved me through my teenage years.
She has taught me how to keep my house spotless and "tidy."
She sends me cards for every and any occasion she can think of.
She loves to talk politics.
She is very proud of her Irishness.
She can't go anywhere without meeting a new friend or running into a old one.
She is a dog whisperer. Seriously, even the meanest of dogs will love her.
She loved me through my teenage years.
She tells me she loves me everyday on the phone.
She tells me she is proud of me everyday on the phone.
She is creative.
She is always available.
She teaches me how to be a better mom, just by being herself.
She is a volunteer.
She is a giver.
She is a sister.
She is a daughter.
She is a wife.
She is a grandmother.
She is my mother.
She is my best friend.
She is a volunteer.
She is a giver.
She is a sister.
She is a daughter.
She is a wife.
She is a grandmother.
She is my mother.
She is my best friend.
I love you, Mom.
2 comments:
I love me some Cec. She's a great mom to her daughter's friends who show up on her doorstep late at night in Houston, too.
Happy Mother's Day to all of minibaby's ladies: Al, Gayle, and Cecily!
Oh my Lord I'm crying...that was so heartfelt, Alison! And what a wonderful daughter you are.
Post a Comment