Another summer of Stewpot Lemonade Stands ahead of us!
Last weekend, Josh set up a stand at the baseball fields and had some fellow Pirates on hand to help.
How can you say no to these cute kids?
Yes, they ate half of our inventory.
My favorite little Pirate.
My favorite little popsicle mess.
I really think she had 4 popsicles for lunch that day.
But, we raised $90 for the Homeless Shelter downtown, so I'll call it a win.
Pink-stained top and all.
The next day, she cleaned up nicely for church.
We took Chris out for a fabulous pizza dinner for Father's Day after a fun day hanging out at the pool.
Followed by ice cream at his favorite ice cream store.
It really worked out nicely for these kids, didn't it?
Josh was at Vacation Bible School every morning this week. He had a great time learning about God and playing with his friends. They got to sing silly songs, play fun games, and even do some awesome crafts.
While Josh was away each morning, Emily and I had a routine of going to the gym for an hour and then straight to some sort of water-themed activity.
Splash Park Day 1
A couple of trips to Target to test out her running shoes.
Or so she thought.
Morning at the Pool Day 2!
Another day, another splash park!
Finally... JOSH is home!
Every afternoon, Emily would wake up from her nap so excited to play with Josh.
I kept finding them in odd places. Like this day, I asked Josh to get Emily a cup of water and instead... found them both here.
Another afternoon, I found them tucked away under a desk in the guest room watching a movie together. So cute, I couldn't get mad at them that they TOTALLY freaked me out ! I thought they just vanished while I took the trash out!
Then there was the day they did this to my house.
Everyone survived.
My fancy living room throw pillow did not.
And of course... dance parties!
Yes, these two know how to have fun together, but they know how to fight like cats and dogs as well. Actually, it's usually the cute one with curls that starts with the attitude.
Somedays, like this one, I send them outside to run sprints up and down the street. It usually makes them forget about what they were mad about and puts them right back in the playful spirit again.
Sweet Aunt Betsy was in town for a business conference and we were able to see her for dinner one nice evening. It was a lovely night and despite a pigeon climbing up my leg, a swarm of flies terrifying Emily, and a watermelon popsicle that was just too "watermelon-y" for Josh, it was a fabulous evening.
And this even happened which will make me laugh forever.
Chris was inducted as a board member for our local community involvement group. He has a really great position of choosing and presenting scholarships to deserving seniors at the high school! That is what it is all about!
Emily has mastered her ABCs!
Pardon the flashing.




















No comments:
Post a Comment