One afternoon while Emily was sleeping, Josh kept asking me for random things, "Mommy, where is a bucket?" "What about an old towel?" "Mommy, when I turn on the hose do I go to the right or left?" Once water was involved, I had to investigate and was pleased to see him doing this...
He did a pretty good job! When I asked him why he decided to wash my car, he said, 'Well, I already had my swimsuit on and I wanted to do something nice for you... and, if you wanted to pay me a little, that would just make it wonderful." UmmHmm. Little businessman- appealing to my heart and then to my wallet.
We survived the first full week of summer!
With lots of activities and afternoon snuggles.
And a lot of water activities. I honestly can not think of the last time I was able to sit down and read a magazine when the children were awake. This was such a treat.
We went to the zoo with some awesome friends.
And Emily found that Bald Eagle she talks so much about!
The Great Josh and his new magic trick!
Good season Pirates!
Emily and her sweet big boy crush, Waylon.
Jumping to Daddy at the pool!
Splashing Daddy at the pool!
Josh had his first real sleep over this week! He was SOOOOO excited. More excited than I think I have ever seen him. He waited at the window for a while, just watching and watching, counting down the minutes.
Then, that wasn't working, so he moved out to the front yard. A few minutes later, it did the trick and little Owen arrived.
Weenie roast on a hot summer evening.
Emily found a new pair of slippers and thinks she looks GREAT!
Yes, her hair is perpetually in her face. I try, really I do- but, she is a mess.
A sweet, precious, precocious mess.
Em-Oh-Weeee!
Emily has learned to say her name. She used to just say Emie, but now she has moved up the the three syllables! Make me proud and sad. Everyday she seems to be bigger and bigger.














No comments:
Post a Comment