Sweet Josh was sad to say good-bye to his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Thomas, who left to have her 3rd baby this week.
Impromptu dinner with our favorite girls. They got the best seat in the house... tree house that is.
Emily loves her pizza. Not sure this will be enough for her.
A few minutes later, I caught Emily doing this... coloring the window with a crayon!!!! She is going to get us kicked out!
Our old buddy, John G, got to throw out the first pitch at the HS baseball game this week for the Crainofacial Association benefit night. Way yo go, John G!
Easter dress pictures at the Arboretum. When Josh was this age, I bribed him with M&Ms, but Emily was a bit more difficult. I had some little stickers I gave her after every pose. The problem?
She kept putting the stickers on her face!
Bribery fail.
Picnic lunch with this sweet thing on a beautiful day.
Emily still LOVES swim lessons! She loves her teacher and says "Sam- errrr" in the back seat of the car over and over.
Emily made a big decision this week- to potty train herself. I say "herself" because I had NOTHING to do with this decision. She is doing great and even got to go to Target to pick out her first pack of big girl undies. She went with princesses and My Little Ponies. Mostly because those were the only choices.
Boo.
Baseball season is back in full swing.
All decked out and ready for a long day at school.
The kids playing "Spin the baby" after school one day. I love how happy they make each other.
My thoughts this week-
I wish I could just freeze Josh in time. Seven is the golden age. Is it is such a sweet, sweet time with him right now. He's my little helper, but still my little boy. He is sensitive and smart and always thinking of others. He makes me laugh with his silly and playful nature. He loves telling jokes and making up songs to sing. Every night he wants me to tuck him in bed and snuggle. It is my favorite time of the day. Nighttime is always a time he decides to open up and talk about things. About school friends, Legos, questions he has, or just random things. I always wish I could have a video recorder with me when I hear him talk and listen to all the things on his mind.
"I'm so proud of you!"
I love these sweet precious children more than I can express.
I love being their mommy.












2 comments:
So proud of the great job you and Chris are doing!
MeMe
You guys are awesome parents and your children are amazing! Truly. Potty training?!?!? Way to go Emily!! Proud of that girl. If it makes you feel better, we have 2 year old temper here big time and he's not even 2 yet. Oh boy.
Post a Comment