We started off the weekend with an amazing auction for Josh's school.
It was 80's hair band rock themed... clearly.
My view at story time.
((((love)))))
Super bowl half time.
Josh thoroughly enjoyed the Superbowl. In fact, so much so that the next day when he saw it on our DVR recordings, he said,
"YES! You recorded the SUPERBOWL!!!"
Then, he fast forwarded all the way to the half time concert and "watched" the game, or so he said.
Really, he just had a solo dance party in his PJs to Bruno Mars and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Back stroke across the entire pool!
Someone is ready for summer!
But summer it is NOT.
It has been super cold this week.
One day, it was down right bitter out, so we made a trip to Starbucks after school for
some yummy hot chocolate.
One evening, I couldn't find Emily.
And, I found her like this.
??????
When I couldn't find Josh a few minutes late, it all made sense.
My swinging monkey at gymnastics class.
She refuses to let go.
Emily LOVES babies.
Real ones.
Fake ones.
Any will do.
On Thursday, we had a legit (for Texas standards) snow storm.
They forecasted light flurries, but instead we got several solid hours of big giant flakes falling from the sky!
As you can see, this confused Emily.
She looked up at the sky and said
" Waz that??????" Over and Over. And then would say,
"Ohhhhh. It's coooooold!"
She was right!
The kids still had school, but after school we headed straight for the
neighborhood park and played until Mommy lost complete feeling in her toes.
After a morning of suspicion with the snow, Emily ended up really loving playing in the snow.
She was walking all of they park "cleaning up" the snow from the benches and walls.
She is so tidy.
Because when it snows, you must make an angel.
After a cooooold afternoon playing in the snow, we
enjoyed a lovely evening relaxing by the fire.
Emily's tricks this week:
enjoyed a lovely evening relaxing by the fire.
Emily's tricks this week:
* forward roll and big jumps
* new phrase- "I'll be back!" (as she holds out her hand to you).
* making her baby doll "eggies" in her play kitchen and then feeding them to Baby who is strapped into her high chair.
* Acting like a parrot for her brother.
* Saying "I do it!" (rather forcefully I must say) to things like buckling her seatbelt, opening her snacks, putting on her jacket, you name it- she can "do" it. Ummhum.
* Sweet memory of the week- Emily was so tired after playing at school and in the snow all day and I said to her,
"Emily, are you ready for night-night?"
And she said "NO!!!" "I hug Joshie first!" and ran over and gave Josh the BEST hug ever.
Whatever! They cancel school and we make the best of a free day!
We took the kids to one of those crazy trampoline parks to get their energy out.
Mission accomplished.
* Saying "I do it!" (rather forcefully I must say) to things like buckling her seatbelt, opening her snacks, putting on her jacket, you name it- she can "do" it. Ummhum.
* Sweet memory of the week- Emily was so tired after playing at school and in the snow all day and I said to her,
"Emily, are you ready for night-night?"
And she said "NO!!!" "I hug Joshie first!" and ran over and gave Josh the BEST hug ever.
FRIDAY SNOW DAY!!!
We woke up this morning to the shocking and somewhat confusing fact that our district closed
all the schools on account of the (no) snow and (no) ice that is (not really) around town.
Evidence - this is the biggest snow man we could make.
Look closely, he even has arms.
We took the kids to one of those crazy trampoline parks to get their energy out.
Mission accomplished.
Cute kid sandwich!
And I will leave you with this.
Phonics "-art" week for Josh's spelling test.
He likes to challenge himself and add his own words every week.
This week, is it no surprise what word he chose?
His BFF, Katie did the same, but she wrote in "heart."
Go figure.
I love how the word is even embellished with flare around it.















1 comment:
I love it all.....miss you guys, but see you soon, MeMe
Post a Comment