HE:
Completed his last day of Kindergarten with a bang and jumped into summer without skipping a beat.
But, first, he had the greatest day in a school-aged kid's year-
Field Day!
And, he received his first yearbook, and promptly devoured it for hours.
I kept hearing him giggle and say, "OH! I remember that!"
It was perfect.
And, finally the last day of school came.
Look at him, the king of the classroom!
Saying good-bye to his sweet teacher was not easy, for either of us.
The moms planned a fun ice cream sundae party for the kids before they went home for the last time as a kindergartener.
I would say Josh was pretty happy about it.
As an end of school treat, we got Josh a pet fish.
He named the fish, Petty.
Original, huh?
It's been 8 days and he is STILL alive!
Honestly, that's better than I expected.
On the first day of summer, we met all his friends at the neighborhood pool for a fun day of swimming.
Let the summer commence!
Pickles was in town and she taught Josh all about Pinterest.
Now, when I ask him what we should do in the afternoon while Emily naps, he says,
"Let's PIN!"
Another reason to love this lady.
(During the same visit she taught him the "Pull my finger" trick.
Just trying to assure he is a well-rounded 6 year old boy, I guess).
TBall season is still going strong.
The games and practices are getting hotter and hotter, but he still seems to enjoy it.
Above is a picture of a recent game against his buddy, John G's team, The Rays.
Josh deemed this game is best game of the season. When I asked him why, he said,
"Not because I played so good, because I had all my fans (Basdens, Pickles, and Mommy, Daddy and Emily) to watch me!"
Although summertime is fun with all the playtime, it can be boring also.
I really can not count how many times I've heard this boy say,
"Mommy, I don't know what I want to do right now."
How about a science play date with a friend?
Or shaving cream slip and slide in the front yard?
Whatever we decide- it's going to be a crazy fun summer by the looks of it!
SHE:
Oh Emily.
There are not enough words for this one.
She is a MESS.
An adorable, busy, sweetheart of a mess!
She loves the pool. It's definitely more challenging this summer, but so far she really has fun
hanging out at the pool with me and Josh.
Last year, she just slept in her car seat the entire time we played at the pool.
This year, she is pool hopping, playing with friends and going down the big slides!
Of course, as with most of us, the sun and water tire this girl out!
Emily has been having summertime fun of her own now that Josh is home all day to entertain her.
The other day, we were painting and Emily insisted on joining.
She ate more paint than she actually used.
Luckily, those smarties at Crayola predicted this may happen and made the paint safe and washable.
Or so they say.
This is Emily post-nap.
She takes a few minutes to wake up, just like her mommy.
As soon as I come into her room, she gets really excited and starts clapping, "Mommy! Mommy!"
She grabs her lovey and pacifier and walks around the house holding my hand leading me to things she wants me to do and see and get for her.
To the dog.
To the snack cupboard.
To the playroom.
To the front door.
To see Josh.
She definitely has opinions, this one.
No, I do not condone caffeine for my kids, but Emily
couldn't help but try my iced latte.
She was very suspect of my choice of beverage.
She'll get it someday.
Emily has entered the phase of always wanting to do what the big kids are doing.
Here she is trying to invade the big kid fort (made in our front doorway of all places) when Josh had some friends over.
Because of this, we have also entered the:
"Mommy, keep Emily away from me and my stuff phase."
Well, we went 18 months - it was a good run.
"Where's Emily????"
Silence.........
Finally found in the garage doing whatever it is she does when
she hides out in the garage trying to scare me to death.
Sweet happy girl playing at the park on a hot day.
THEY:
Still get along delightfully...
until Josh tries of wrap Emily up like a burrito in a hammock.
They enjoyed our family breakfast at Kerbey Lane in Austin.
But of course they did!
Smart kids.
These two know how to cheer!
They had fun screaming for Daddy at his triathlon in Austin.
They loved giving Pickles awesome snuggles in Austin one morning.
Bonding over paint and Gangum Style.
Nope- not kidding you.
They really think the turtles and ducks at the pond in the mall needed
lots of goldfish and animal crackers to survive.
Woopsy.
HE:
Chris did an AMAZING job competing in a triathlon in Austin a few weeks ago. He shaved several minutes off of his best Olympic distance time and had fun doing it... I think.
The boys got to go to a Rangers Game compliments of yours truly for Father's Day.
When I asked Josh what he wanted to do for Daddy for Father's Day, he said, (without hesitation),
"Watch a Rangers Game with him, of course! What else would I say????"
After a long bike ride, a little golf watching, a lot of Mexican food, and a Rangers Game, he got some snuggles from the kids.
Hopefully, he considered that a good Father's Day!























1 comment:
This is brilliant. My favorite is Emily's expression while drinking your coffee treat. She's an adorable mess. Her friend J is too, and I am already anticipating much naughtiness and "opinions" from those two at the beach later this summer. Should be a blast. :)
Post a Comment