Friday, May 24, 2013

It's been a while. 
I'm not going to make a million excuses. 
Just one. 



This picture is my excuse. 
I've been wrapping these little nuggets in my arms 
and I've been doing my job as their mommy.
Which is a VERY busy and VERY wonderful job.

 I will do my best to rewind the story of our lives a few months and catch ya up to date. 
We've had several holidays, lots of laughs, a few Tball games,  many new words and tricks, 
and countless memories. 
And that was just since April!

Let's start with this naked cutie in an Irish Tutu.
'Cause, why not?

 
Emily liked the tutu until she insisted on making a run for it out the back door.
 I refused to let her go anywhere without a shirt on. 
That's when this  happened... 


Y'all... don't mess with an angry Irish girl. 
I'm just saying.. 


I had the joy of teaching Josh's class a little lesson about Ireland. 
I'm not a teacher, but I did my best for the 30 minutes I was in charge. 
There was history, there was geography, there was reading, and there was a craft. 

And,  there was a dance party. 
That's my kind of class. 

The sillies continued at home with a Pickles dance party. 

Due to our Disney trip and that little girl that prevents me from getting ANYTHING done during the day, we decided to take a year off from our St. Patrick's Day Party.  Instead, we met some friends at a neighborhood bar and enjoyed the evening and especially the next morning when we woke up to a clean house! 

A clean house filled with cute kids eating green pancakes, that is! 


More, very important holidays...

May the Fourth be with You. 
Happy Star Wars Day.

Cinco de Mayo with this pretty Senorita. 



 

Easter Friday with our sweet MOPS friends and a very successful egg hunt in the park. 
Emily had plenty of helpers for her first egg hunt!


For the holiday weekend, we headed to Granee and Pa's house to celebrate the 
beautiful weekend.

We met Aubrey Grace, our sweet niece and Josh and Emily's first and ONLY cousin! 
We were thrilled to snuggle this little baby. 
Seems like just yesterday Emily was the fragile baby being held delicately. 


Now, she gets tossed high in the air by her Uncle Tim. 
And loves every minute!



Granee had enough treats for the entire city to have a Easter Egg Hunt! 
She never fails to make every visit special for these two. 
Emily took the job quite seriously. 
Josh... well, he was just being Josh and making everyone laugh with his silly dance moves and over the top excitement at every egg he found. 
He has a way to make life so bright. 


Back home..  Emily up to her usual antics. 


 5pm Mad House 



Homework Melt Down


Next door neighborfriends going to the zoo for the first time!
Before the Zoo- they are ready to go! 


 Feeding the Giraffes lunch! They were hungry! 

Day Dreaming on the Carousel Ride. 

After the Zoo. 
(We hadn't even left the parking lot!). 

Three lucky ladies enjoy their free Dave Matthews Band concert tickets! 


Cheering on our AMAZING Ironman Friends at the Ironman Texas in the Woodlands. 
Don't we look cute? 


But not as cute as this group of cheerleaders down the road. 
They had a boombox with the best playlist ever known to Ironman history,
 awesome dance moves, glow sticks, popsicles and SPIDERMAN???? 
How do we compete with that?!?!?
(We won't discuss the speedos).

 Paula- you are an IRONMAN!!!!
 


                  Chandler- you are an IRONMAN!!!   
   

It's not all peachy here. 
 Sometimes the little ones are fussy. 
Unfortunately, these were both taken the same evening. 
It was a rough night. 
There was a bottle of wine opened that night. 
If I recall correctly; and chances are good. 


One afternoon, I was enjoying a nice little shower  ( yes, I said afternoon- no judging!), 
and as I start rinsing out my hair I look up and find this in the shower light!!!!
Totally. Freaked. Me. Out. 
Luckily, Pickles saved the day and rescued both the little lizard and me. 


A fun night with our old buddies! 
I'm honestly not sure if any of us parents actually got to talk that night, 
there are A LOT of kids now! 


Josh on top of the playscape at the new park downtown! 


Dirty Boy party at Josh's Elementary School.
He was crazy dirty. 
There was mustard in his belly button!

Josh's amazing kindergarten teacher came and read Josh a story and tucked him into bed one night. 
He was in heaven having his teacher all to himself for a whole evening!

He had no problem making Mrs. Maxwell feel like she was the coolest playdate ever! They played in the tree house and she even showed off her skills at Wii Lego Star Wars! As if she needed more reasons to be the coolest teacher ever.



 Josh has really embraced his new role as a TBall player.


Chris and Josh practice together and really enjoy the time learning the ins and outs of baseball. 


And, like your baby's first steps or words, prom, graduation, and other such milestones...
My little baseball player broke his first window. 



It's all worth it at the weekly games when Josh swings and hits that ball so nicely! 
(Well, it's worth it once. But, if it happens again, I'll be mad). 


Here are the Pirates getting a team high five from their awesome Coach Matt! 


 Josh got the game ball on his 3rd game of the season! 



I'll leave you with a link to a sweet little video of Emily I took just this week. 



I started recording in order to document the adorable way she says "Mommy." She just started saying it and it makes me smile.
 Even when she says it 40 times in a span of about 20 seconds. 
Anyway, it started with that, but then quickly turned into what Emily does almost every afternoon when it's time to go get Josh from school. 
She loves him so much. 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's amazing what can happen in a few weeks....makes my heart happy to see Josh and Emily enjoying life.
MeMe

Tricia said...

SO MUCH good stuff here. The homework meltdown was a very familiar scene here at the start of school--how can writing sentences involving spelling words lead to tears and snot??? Glad I'm not the only one that photographs my children crying and throwing fits and gets a little giggle out of it. :)

Phil said...

Damn. Awesome. Just awesome. Top 3:

1. Irish Tutu (pre-melt down)
2. Josh in pirate outfit (where's the eye patch)
3. The video when she says "mommy".

well done chris and al.