Saturday, October 20, 2012

10: We made it to double digits!



Emily is ten months old and her little personality is forming everyday and I LOVE watching her grow into a little person. 
We are having so much fun getting to know her!

Favorite food: Cheese
Favorite Book: They Hungry Caterpillar
Favorite Song: The Granee Song ("Emily, Emily I've been thinking, what a good world this would be, if the jelly fish were transported far beyond the Northern Sea").
Favorite time of day: Picking up Josh at school. 
Favorite toy: Woody from Toy Story
Favorite Sound: Josh's fake burps.
Favorite Giggle-producer: Zerberts on her neck.
Favorite thing to put in her mouth: Shoes.
Favorite activity: Kindermusik



  Emily is always smiling. Seriously. The girl is pleasant as can be. 
The only time she really wigs out is if I'm in the room and NOT holding her or paying attention to her.
Therefore, you can imagine how I spend my days. 

However, turn your back for just a moment, and Emily is up to no good. 
Here she is "helping" me with the laundry.

After finding her opening all my kitchen cabinets, we finally broke down and Emily-proofed the entire house. 

Little miss can be quite the tornado when I set her loose in the playroom. 
Impressive, really. 

 A few weeks ago, Emily made her first appearance at our high school football game. She made it until half time and loved all the people watching in the stands. 


 She is continuing to figure out how to make different sounds and various volume levels. She loves to make zerbert sounds and popping her lips over and over and over. 
 She moved from "MaMa" to "BaBa." She LOVES books and I believe this was her first word.  Anytime she sees a book, she says, "BaBa!" When she is fussy in the car (because I can't hold her or pay attention to her), she screams, "BABA!!" All I have to do is give her a book and she is happy as can be. 


I love this hat. I bought it while I was pregnant and I couldn't wait for Emily to grow into it, so I pinned it in half so I could use it for her newborn pictures.  Ten months later... 


I had to stretch the poor hat onto her head. 
But, I think she likes it, don't you? 


 Sometimes I think someone replaced my newborn with a different baby. That non-sleeping, bath-hating newborn has turned into a happy to be asleep, love-to-play in the tub baby. 
Here she doing a little bath time arm flapping,  an indisputable sign of happiness. 

 Each month, I see these two grow closer and closer.  
Sometimes. they just stare at each other and giggle. 
Love. 

 Of course, there are times when Big Brother needs a little Lego-time alone in his room.  She waits patiently, or sometimes not so patiently. If she whines long enough,  he ALWAYS gives in and moves to the playroom to play with her.


Emily scored her first princess tiara at the Dollar Store the other day and was very intrigued by the picture of the princess.  Oh, here we go!

I can't reveal the picture this early, but here is a sneak peak at Emily's Halloween costume. 

Bye-Bye!
See you next month! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, it's like looking at you 34years ago!! It's unreal! I see much of Phil in Josh...personality-wise. Phil was very sweet to you too.
MeMe

Phil said...

Awesome as always. I still don't let Anna in my room when I'm playing Lego - stand your ground josh!

Nicole said...

Super presh, as expected. Love you guys.