So, it's been a bit busy around here since Josh started school. You would THINK having one child gone for 7 hours a day would lead to more time, but some how it has led to LESS time during the day and has also led me to go a little bit crazy. It's no surprise, that I do not like change and I feel like EVERYTHING is in constant change around here!
Here are a few pictures that capture what life has been like the past month. Hopefully, it won't be another month before I update again!
One good change is Josh's super awesome soccer skills! Something happened this past year that brought out the inner soccer star in Josh! He has been doing great this season.
He has even scored a few goals!
Josh loves having Emily at his games to be his personal cheerleader. He will often wave at her from the field.
Josh and Chris were lucky to be asked to a Rangers game with our sweet neighbors and their little boy, Carter. These two have so much fun together and loved cheering on the Rangers until late on a school night.
Josh's sweet Kindergarten teacher sent me this picture of Josh's journal work one day. She had asked them to draw a picture of their family.
She wondered who in our family is a vampire.
Answer: Josh.
And it is unclear where Emily is, but I am glad he didn't draw her as a mini-vampire, that would have been creepy.
Josh LOVES science class in school. Other than recess, it is his favorite part of the day!
Josh was the lucky guest to an awesome dinosaur party for a friend from his old preschool. They got to make volcanoes, dig for dinosaur bones, crack open dinosaur eggs, get tattoos, the list goes on. It was an amazing party.
Josh being Josh.
It makes me laugh that on the second week of school, Josh's teacher said to me, "He is the class comedian."
Yes, she had him pegged quite early.
Thanks to Pickles who took on kid-duty one early morning, Chris and I got to run a race together.
It was a perfect morning at the lake for a run.
Chris and Josh having fun at the first high school football game of the season!
Pickles made a surprise pick up at Josh's kindergarten the other day. I can not describe how excited he was to introduce Nicole to his teacher. He kept saying, "This is my Pickles! This is my Pickles!"
He even got to show her around his classroom!
Now that Josh is in Kindergarten, we figure he can handle some heavy lifting around the house.
While checking in at the ticket counter before a flight, Josh was accessorizing his baby sister and making everyone in line behind us laugh. She pulls the look off nicely, I think.
After Josh's first ever soccer goal, we had to go celebrate with an ice cream treat. Josh isn't the only one that scored that day. Emily scored a big bite of my vanilla cone and she is in agreement with her big brother that ice cream is the greatest thing in the world.
Our good friend John G was in the hospital for a few days after having surgery, so we made a few visits to his room to play. Turns out when you are a tough 5 year old kid in the hospital, people bring you some pretty awesome toys for you and your friends to play with. Josh asked to go to the hospital everyday that week. Josh and Luke were so sweet when we left that day, they coudln't stop talking about how tough and strong John G. was being. Look at John's smile. I tell you, that is one amazing kid with an amazing family. I'm so grateful Josh and Luke could help bring that great smile to his face that afternoon.
And, I wouldn't want to leave the blogging world thinking our life doesn't have it's crazy unexpected moments. Like, when my coffee maker just about exploded the other morning while Emily and I were standing next to it. No worries, we are safe and our house is intact- for now.
We have a new coffee maker, and do not recommend buying this one.
That has been our life lately. Sorry for the fragmented, at times incoherent, blog post. I am really hoping I will regain my focus and stability one of these days.
But, don't hold your breath.











2 comments:
You guys sure do have a lot of fun! Glad I got to see the Kindergarten experience and the queen wave in person... loved it! xxoo
Great news about you all! We're on our way home from Ireland, and hope to see you all soon. Go Rattlers!
MeMe
Post a Comment