Emily is SIX months old! Half a year!
Things are changing so fast around here!
I feel like I need to buckle up, because life is about to get a whole lot more interesting, in a crazy, fun, and messy sort of way.
You know what being six months means???
Solid food.
Oh yes, Emily.
It's time...
Or maybe not.
Not a bite went in.
I love this face...
"What in the world are you doing to me???"
Until we included bananas and sweet potatoes with her meals, then we couldn't feed her fast enough!
At nap time the other day, I heard an odd crashing noise coming from Emily's crib. A loud crash in a baby's room is NEVER, I repeat, NEVER a good thing!
I come in to find that Emily finally caught those silly mobile animals that have been taunting her for the past three months and pulled them into bed with her.
Look at that face! She was so proud of herself.
| Emily @ 6 months |
![]() |
| Josh @ 5 months |
We have also caught her watching her aquarium crib toy, just like Josh at this age.
I swear, some days I am living in repeat mode.
They are the SAME baby, just in a different color.
The other day, I put Emily safely in the middle of her playmat while I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. About 3 minutes later, I peek in at her and find this.
Oh dear.
She moves.
Mostly only in reverse, but moves she does.
I love that she is entertained with toys now. Watching her light up when she sees something fun makes me so happy. I also love that Josh can interact more with her now. He loves teaching her how to use her toys.
Our Target trips have also changed! I can now look at this sweet face in my cart instead of trying to steer through the aisles blind while balancing a car seat in the front. What a big girl!
And of course, she sits.
No longer will she let me lay her down and tickle her belly.
Now, she insists on sitting up and seeing the world around her.
And what a great world it is with this little six month old!






2 comments:
It justs blows my mind how Emily has grown and developed. And Josh, is the best brother ever.
MeMe
I'm telling you now that I'm stealing your child and bringing her home to live with me. SHE IS PRECIOUS! You've been warned.
Post a Comment