Thursday, May 31, 2012

Five Months!



Before Emily turns HALF A YEAR next week, I thought it would be a good idea to get her fifth month on record. What a joyous fifth month it was. Better than four, but that wouldn’t be hard. I had set 4 months as that magical age when baby would sleep through the night, have two glorious two-hour naps a day, and finally function on a schedule. Guess what??? Not Emily. Sweet and precious girl, had none of that despite our efforts to achieve such greatness. After finally giving up and realizing I have a wonderfully healthy and happy baby girl during the day, I was okay with the sacrifice of sleep at night. 
Thus, five months. When all I saw was her sweet smiles and cheerful giggles. Here are some of Emily's finest and favorite firsts of five months!

This month, I had my first dip in the pool.  I’m not too sure what I think about it, but I can hang with anything  as long as I have the right accessories on. 

My big brother showed me the ropes at the neighborhood pool. He is so good at swimming and splashing water in my face. 

I slept through most of the neighborhood Memorial Day parade, but had a great time anyway. 


I love the swing my Daddy hung out in the front yard for me. It makes me giggle, giggle, giggle when Mommy pushes me. 



I had my first play date with some neighborhood friends at the park. I had fun watching all the babies grab at their toys, but Josh thought it was kind of lame since he was the biggest one there by about 3 years. 
My first birthday party was so fun! My friend, Lucas, turned ONE! He's the guy with the "1" on his shirt. Right now, I am the only girl on the street and I’m loving the attention! 


Finally!!! I got these ten wiggly things in my mouth!! I've been trying for weeks!
 They sure don’t taste as good as I thought they would! 

Big Flirt, like my big brother.

 This is me from behind. 
It’s almost as cute as the front version. 

 Playing in the exercauser outside while Josh and Mommy play light saber wars. 

This is how Josh reads me a book. 
Do you think he is going for osmosis? 


 Just for fun, here is an example of how much I look like my big brother, and proud of it! 


4 comments:

Nicole said...

AHHHHHH I LOVE the MBs! They are super precious and adorbs. Miss you all, sending big big hugs.

phil said...

great shots.

Tricia said...

That swim suit and cap...oh MY! I'm surprised no one tried to steal her from you at the pool.

Anonymous said...

The "Sisters" as Barney calls them, got such a thrill out of this blog, particularly the "Zigfield" outfit!
Cec