Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter fun!


I have had "write blog post" on my to-do list for a long, long time. That darn to-do list. It haunts me. "Clean baseboards, type recipes, print pictures of Emily, clean out freezer, organize laundry room." These things may never get done, but I swore up and down I wouldn't neglect this blog once Emily was born.
I will prevail.

Easter Sunday 2012
We had a great Easter this year. It was very low-key and quiet, but nice. After a wonderful church service, we came home to Josh's Easter egg hunt, a family Disney movie, and a big ham dinner with our neighbors.


Five year old Josh has certainly perfected the sport of egg hunting. He was quick and efficient. He knew exactly where to find the little treasures, but was just as thrilled as always when he found each egg.

Given that Josh participated in three egg hunts this year, it's a good thing he is so talented. Our first hunt was at Katie's house in her amazing backyard. It was a perfect evening and the kids had a blast hunting eggs. Emily had fun watching and praying she didn't get run over by their quick feet.

Even Buddy, the dog got into the hunt. He ran from egg to egg trying to see if he could get any of the treats out to enjoy before the kids. I don't think Erin would agree, but it was quite funny.

Our favorite egg hunt was our nighttime glow in the dark egg hunt. I must say, Chris and I had as much fun as Josh. We put glow sticks into eggs and hid them all over the yard. The fun really came when one of the glow sticks exploded all over my hand and my skin was glow in the dark for a while. Super Cool.


The Easter Bunny brought Josh a super cool new Razor Scooter to enjoy this summer. That Bunny is so nice.

One of my favorite spring time events is the flower festive at the Arboretum. We love to take pictures with the beautiful flowers. This year, we were blessed to add a new cutie to our shots.
Who are we kidding, Emily NEEDED four Easter outfits. You never know what the weather will be like, what the dress attire will be at your dinner party, etc, etc. So, I had all our bases covered for a successful first Easter outfit.

On Good Friday, I took the kids to an outdoor kids concert at the Arboretum and we had the best time! Josh ran around playing air guitar and chasing Katie while Emily and I enjoyed some snuggles on the picnic blanket. Perfect spring activity!


Emily is four months!
She is a smiley baby who gives the sweetest little looks. She does this adorable thing with her eyebrows when she is happy to see you. Melts my heart. She is in love with her hands and she tries to put everything in her mouth, including my entire face. She is 16 pounds 11 ounces and 26+ inches long. Off the charts on both measurements for her age. Basically, she is one big, happy, healthy baby. Just the way I like 'em.


Josh still is the best big brother EVER (well, he ties with my big brother, of course). I have YET to hear him utter a bad comment about having a baby sister. The closest he came to complaining was the other day when I had to take her into the other room to feed her and he got all sad I couldn't play with him. I said I was sad too, but I would be back. But, he was still sad. I had this whole big, long speech prepared for when the time came he felt jealous of me spending so much time with her. I was just about to enter into my spiel when he said, "Mommy, YOU ALWAYS get to hang out with her! When can I be the one to take care of her." Hummm. Okay, I guess that speech can wait.


He has several nicknames for her:
"Sugar Bug"
"Baby E"
"Bib-il-B"
and my favorite...
"Squeaker Girl"

He is so right. She squeaks. And she squeaks loud. It's a high-pitched squeak that makes us all laugh out loud.

With all the cute and adorable going on around here, we certainly have our rough and trying times that go along with having a baby. She is still not sleeping through the night. Yes, we have tried "crying it out," and all the tricks, but she's just not ready. And I am not ready to go to jail over someone calling CPS when we let the poor thing cry in her crib. Yikes. She is Dramatic with a capital D!
But, I will end on a positive note! She is starting to do things! She doesn't just sit and look around aimlessly. She still loves her play mat (she is especially partial to the monkey on the mat). Emily loves to be outside and watch her brother play. We are taking in every minute of this nice weather because I know it's not going to last long. She has started rolling, not often, but she does it if she is mad enough. And, although her swing is still her favorite past time, the exersaucer is working it's way into her daily routine.

Thanks for checking in with us!
Don't give up on me, I promise to try and keep up with this crazy spinning life I am living.
Life is good around here.
Well, as long as I don't have to check "clean baseboards" off of my to-do list.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I especially love the picture of Squeaker Girl doing her best MB-up-on-one-elbow impression! That's some pretty awesome cuteness right there. xxoo

Erin said...

i LOVE the picture of Emily in her 4-month onesie! she is so pretty!

Also, my dog is an idiot. :)

Phil said...

The easter photo of Josh/Emily in blue gingham threw me for a loop. At first it looked like Emily had a GIANT left hand. But I think I figured out it's josh's hand holding Emily's hand. No elephantitus of the hands in the Brown household to be had.