Ten years ago today, Chris and I were married.
It was a great day.
My parents gave us a dream wedding.
All of our family and friends were there with us.
This is our story.
We met in college.
Our love of Christ and the Longhorns brought us together.
In 1998, after a lot of "non-date" dates, we made it official.
We were a couple.
We spent our weekends at the Gristmill country dancing with friends.
We found ourselves on the lake as often as possible.
We went to a lot of BYX/Phi Lamb formals.
We dated for 2 years and finally, he did it.
He proposed.
We had a beautiful and perfect wedding.
We went on a fun skiing honeymoon in Jackson Hole.
We moved into our first house in Central Austin.

Chris studied in law school and I worked night shift to get us through.
We bought our first Christmas tree.
We moved to London for 5 months and lived in a teeny tiny dorm room.
We traveled around Europe.
And went to places we never thought we would.
We finished our first triathlon together.
And then another.

We bought a house.
We went on one last trip...

And then we had a baby.
And our weekends looked like this.
We occasionally would sneak back and enjoy our "grown-up" times.
But really, all that mattered was this.

We lived life and enjoyed every moment.
We watched him grow and waited patiently.
And then, we were blessed again.
We went on one last trip...
And then she came.
And now, here we are.
After ten years,
two became four.
He is the father of my children.
He is still my best friend.
He is the man I would marry ten times over.
Happy Ten Years, Chris.
6 comments:
Love it all, and I have so many memories of each of those things! What wonderful friends you are, and what a happy little family you've become. BIG HUGS
one of the best blogs, I think. you both have given all of us wonderful memories, and two beautiful babies. You are a blessing to us.
Mom/Dad
You truly made my eyes water. I love all 4 of you. Happy anniversary!
What a beautiful post, Al! What a wonderful 10 years, what a beautiful family! What fun times and so many memories! Lots of hugs!
Yep, I got all misty-eyed too! Beautiful words, Al, and such fun, amazing memories. What a ride...makes you wonder what lies ahead in years to come. :) I wonder, too, if you still have those overalls? I attempted to give mine away not long ago and Steven would hear nothing of it. So, in my closet they hang. Maybe we should all have another Grist Mill/Gruene Hall reunion??? Happy Anniversary my dear! xoxo
Loved this post. It got me teary-eyed.
Post a Comment