It has been GORGEOUS here the past week or so. We are talking, San Diego gorgeous. We are being spoiled. When the heat hits in a few months, it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt bad. But, for now, we are enjoying every minute we have outside. The other day, we met Katie and Maggie at the lake to feed the birds. Those sweet tweetie birds weren't bothered at all by the tortillas that expired in November or the nasty heals of my multigrain bread. And, the kids had a great time.Surprisingly, no one even fell in!
Success!
Emily enjoyed her very first play date at the Arboretum one fine afternoon while Josh was at school. Her lucky date was our sweet neighbor, Owen. He is 8 weeks Emily's senior and was quite the gentleman indeed. He even tried to hold her hand when she got a little upset from the bright sunlight. We have FIVE babies on our street all within a few months of each other. This is going to be one busy street in about 2 years.


There was ONE rainy Saturday when Josh got to go to a friend's birthday. It was a jammie and movie party. That is one BRAVE mommy, that's all I will say. Shove a bunch of 5 year olds in a room in front of the TV, feed them cupcakes and see what happens. Sounds like a bad science experiment to me.

Emily is still loving her mobile and I am loving that she finally fits into all her cute Spring clothes! It's like dress up everyday!
The girl may love her mobile, but she does NOT love her tummy time.

I think we are going to need this sign...

Or maybe this one...

There was ONE rainy Saturday when Josh got to go to a friend's birthday. It was a jammie and movie party. That is one BRAVE mommy, that's all I will say. Shove a bunch of 5 year olds in a room in front of the TV, feed them cupcakes and see what happens. Sounds like a bad science experiment to me.Funny thing, when Josh saw me download this picture to this blog post, he said,
"Oh, yeah. That was at Sadie's party before Charles and I went crazy."
Hummm.
Crazy or not, Josh is one helpful and sweet little dude with his baby sister. Here he is changing his first diaper! He did a great job and Emily loved looking up at her big brother.
One day, I came into Emily's room to find a little something hidden in her mobile. Look closely.
Yep, that would be Lego Luke Skywalker riding the mobile.
We are going to have to nip this Lego-sharing with the baby sister in the bud before she starts putting everything in her mouth.
It's more like tummy torture.

I must admit, we don't really care a lick for Valentine's Day in our house. But, getting the kids dressed up in cute outfits makes it way more fun.
I mean, really... would you look at these two?


We are in full St. Patrick's Day mode in our house and it's not even March yet! Aunt Pickles helped us get in the spirit with a huge box of goodies for the kids, including this awesome wig for Chris, I mean Josh. He asked if he could wear it to school. I ALMOST said yes just to see his teacher's reaction. But, then I decided the boy is silly enough in his own head of hair.

You can probably guess the reason why this family picture won't make it to an 11x14 frame above the mantle. Our sweet family portrait from Pre-school game night at church. The kids play dress up and get a professional picture taken. Sweet Josh wanted us in the picture with him.
Man, I love this kid.
4 comments:
oh my goodness, that family pic w/ Josh in the dress-up is HILARIOUS! can you please frame it and hang it in your house, like you intentionally took a family "portrait" like that? and miss emily is getting cuter and cuter everyday - I love her spring wardrobe :)
I like the Luke Skywalker accessory, for sure. xxoo
I miss you, Ali B!
Miss Emily is a *doll*
That crossing sign is nothing short of awesome. Crazy how much emily has already changed. Heartbreaker in development....clearly.
Post a Comment