Weighing in at a healthy 7 pounds 14 ounces, measuring 20.5 inches long and hailing from the great Lone Star State!!!!
She's got the face of her big brother, but the sweet squeak of a newborn cat.
She's strong, she's pink, and she was a bit too dramatic in her entrance to this world.
Please give it up for the much anticipated....

Emily Renee!!!
*********************************************
Hi Blog world. As you know by now, I'm Emily. I've only been here about a week, but I'm going to give this internet thing a whirl. Mom's too tired from uploading so many photos onto blogger to compose her own story of my birthday (consider that your warning), so I guess I will help her out a bit. I may have to pee, poop, and eat 27 times while doing it, but I promise I will get through our first week as a family.
I arrived!!!!
(Okay okay... mommy wants to take credit for the 9.5 hours of hard, non-functioning epidural labor that ended in an emergency c-section because I was being fussy about coming out... details, details...).
After all the theatrics, I was healthy and pink. Mommy's NICU friends were there to make sure I made a good transition into the world. Daddy was there to take pictures and love on me. Mommy was there, but not really because she was pumped full of so many drugs that she didn't even know what was going on. And, lastly, there were no less than 10 crazy looking people in blue hats and masks that were totally creeping me out. I was cold. It was bright. I had just lost my hot tub. And, I was naked.
But, I'm pretty sure as soon as I got into my Daddy's arms, I was the happiest lady in town.
I enjoyed meeting my mommy and I think she was pretty happy too.
Finally, we made it to a cozy room and the next morning, I got to meet my big brother and our family was complete!

He was so excited to meet me and made me feel so special. He did a great job holding me, even though I was squirmy. It was so awesome finally putting a face with all those loud screams and giggles I've heard for the past 9 months! When Mommy introduced us, she told him that I was a miracle from God that we need to be so, so thankful for. He immediately got off the bed, looked up to heaven and said,
"Thank you, God, for this beautiful and gorgeous baby sister."
So far, I'm loving my big brother.
The 4 night/5 day hospital stay was actually kind of fun. Mommy and Daddy stayed the entire time with me and Granee was at home hanging out with Josh. There were people that brought us food, drinks, gifts, and my Mommy was treated very well by those people in blue scrubs.
The Basden Family came to visit one day and then came back the next! Mrs. Erin said those big girls just couldn't stay away from me. Maggie even woke up saying, "I need Emily. I need Emily!" I can already tell these girls are going to take good care of me.
Then, a surprise guest walked into our room and my Mommy totally freaked out! Josh explained to me, this pretty lady with an infectious laugh is Aunt Pickles. Seemingly, she is kind of a big deal in our family. It only took me a few minutes to fall in love with her and snuggle right up into her arms.
Our friends, The Sobers came to meet me and brought my Mommy a much needed Starbucks! She was really happy about that. And, Denise came to visit and brought the cutest little owl hat for me and won Josh's heart by giving him some Legos! Wow. These people are so nice.
I was so excited to meet Granee and Pa! Granee knows just the right way to hold me and rock me and Pa knows just the right song to sing me to sleep. And, they both keep saying I am their FAVORITE granddaughter!!! Wow! What a lucky girl I am to have been born into this family!

Lots of my mommy's friends from the NICU came to visit on their break from taking care of the sick babies that don't get to stay in the room with their mommies and daddies.

Then, Daddy put me in this crazy contraption! What the whaty-what is this??? With all the buckles and puffy pillow things??? I didn't like this too much.
Mommy was so happy that MeMe and Barn came into town the night before so they could be there when we went home. It was so great to meet them!
I was home with my family.

They set me right in front of a pretty and bright tree. I'm not sure why these people have a tree INSIDE their house, but I'm sure I will figure that mystery out eventually.
I had missed Granee all day, and she was quick to steal some snuggles under the tree.
Mommy and Daddy spent the afternoon hanging out with Josh and playing games. He had missed them a lot when we were all in the hospital, but Granee said he was a very good boy. What a good kid to have as a brother.
Well, well, well. I see where I get my cute cheeks and chin!
Clearly, I have the best family a girl could ask for. All these people are here to celebrate my birthday! I wish this could happen every year.
The next day, life kind of took off at rapid speed and I was just along for the ride. Seemingly, Josh has a pretty packed school and social life that Mommy and Daddy have to keep track of! We got to go to his preschool Christmas Concert and Josh was so happy to have me and Granee there with our parents. He felt so special.
One part of the program, Josh and his class sang Silent Night using sign language. It was really neat. Josh must be really smart. Mommy was crying. I guess Mommies do that sometimes.
Later that night, we went to church to see a Christmas Pageant that Josh was in. He got to dress as a shepherd and sing pretty songs to us. Although I slept through both performances, it was still so much fun to be out with my family and watch Josh being such a big boy singing in front of so many people!
So, life is pretty good here. I am a week old and when people ask my Mommy how I'm eating and sleeping, she says she doesn't want to talk about it because she doesn't want to jinx it. My favorite thing to do is snuggle with my big brother in bed. He is so sweet to me and loves to kiss my cheek and hug my head. It's Josh's job to give me my pacifier when I get upset, which isn't very much, but it happens. One day, Mommy tried to give me my paci and Josh got upset and said it was HIS JOB!!!
He is so funny.

Our little family is sure blessed. We couldn't have survive this week without all the many people that have taken such good care of us. From friends feeding us and bringing us treats to survive the long hospital stay to Granee staying at our house an entire week to take care of Josh, the house, and Mommy recover from surgery. We've had friends offer to bring groceries or drive Mommy to the store. Daddy's work were nice enough to give him the week off so he could hang out with me and take good care of Mommy. MeMe and Barn are next up to help and are coming to stay with us this week. I guess I'm a lot of work of something. It seems like it takes a village to get through these two weeks.
And, boy does my family have the greatest village!
Next up... my first Christmas!!!!
Nice to meet you all.
6 comments:
we are so glad you're here, Emily!
Love love love!
Sweet, beautiful baby!! Congratulations again! What a blessing!!!
Oh, Emily. What a lucky girl you are! You are surrounded by love, laughter, and light. You were prayed for and hoped for, and arrived during the season where we celebrate hope - not a coincidence! I cannot wait to see what the world has in store for you. "Kid, you'll move mountains." (Dr. Seuss)
Welcome to the world, Baby Girl!
(And, as soon as these darn cold germs leave my den, I'm gonna come over and tell you all this in person...)
Love, Mama Bear
Incredible!!! Tears of joy and excitement for the Brown family and this amazing gift and answer to prayer! I cannot WAIT to meet her. Love you guys.
That's my girl....girls.
Well done, Alison and Chris.
MeMe
Post a Comment