Saturday, May 21, 2011

In his own words.

Sept. 2010 May 2011



School is out for summer!!!

I may be in denial about that, but Josh is definitely not!
Every year, I compose a post dedicated to recapping Josh's big changes and his favorites during the past school year. Usually, I have to use my own, sketchy at best, memory. However, this year, I got to interview "the subject" and got straight to the truth of what goes on in his little mind.

STATS:
Then: 41 pounds, 41 inches, size 4T, size 9 shoe
Now: 45 pounds, 43inches, size 5T, size 11 shoe


Favorite Food:
"Peanut butter and jelly on top of a waffle with another waffle down." (aka: peanut butter and jelly sandwich using waffles instead of bread). He continued...
" Mac and Cheese, regular cheese, Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, turkey rolled up, peppermints."


Favorite Toy:
"My bat wing and my bat car. Next question? OH WAIT!!!! My light saber, I love my light saber too!!!!!"

Favorite TV Show:
"Backyardigans." (He NEVER watches this show, I have no idea why he choose this show).

Favorite New Tricks:
" Writing my name, coloring pictures, drawing cars with grabbers on top, and reading my Bob Books. Oh!!! And shooting fire out of my light saber." (He can't really do that, thank Goodness!!)

Favorite Activity:
"Playing duck, duck, goose with my friends and playing hide and seek with Katie and Daddy."

Favorite Part of the School Day:
" Circle time and the last day of school." (Spoken like a true teenager)

Favorite Thing Learned at School:
" Letters and how to sing "I'm in the Lord's Army."

Favorite Song:
" Elephants have Wrinkles."

Favorite New Phrase:
" Laugh it up, Fuzzball." (From Star Wars, he says it every time someone laughs).

Favorite thing to do during the summer?
" Going to the splash park and eating popsicles!"

At this point, I was done and I said, "Ok, that's good, thanks for your help, buddy." Josh, looking at me like I was an idiot, said, "But, you didn't even ask me my favorite color, MOMMY!!!!"

Favorite Color:
" All the colors. I love them all. But, I really love red. Red is so nice."


3 comments:

Nicole said...

"Laugh it up, fuzzball" = one very clever lad. Miss you guys!

Phil "the star wars dork" Ryan said...

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
- Princess leia
"Who's scruffy-looking?"
- Han solo.

My personal favorite.

Philagain. said...

and yes...I got that quote direct from my new favorite website:

www.wookieepedia.com