Monday, December 17, 2007

My three kids (four if you count the husband).

Those of you who received our Christmas card this year are about to get a backstage pass to what happened just after the picture of Josh with the Santa cap was taken. As soon as the dogs saw him with that fuzzy thing on his head they took off after him. The dogs are always gentle with him, but Josh is surprisingly fast when it comes to playing chase. He has practice every night at bath time when I chase him around the house naked (him, not me). Anyway, the dogs were in hot pursuit after the hat and it made me think of our first Christmas with both the dogs, back in 2005...

We had this great idea to put these fancy antlers on their heads for our Christmas card picture. Those of you who have received our cards since we got the dogs know that the antler pictures never made the cut. Once atop Murphy's head, Jackson thought for sure it was a new toy for him to devour and would proceed to attack Murphy's head until he ripped the antlers off. The best part of these head ornaments was the little bells on them. The dogs would walk around so confused as to where the jingles were coming from. They would look up and catch a glimpse of the antlers and turn in circles until they literally had to sit down from all the excitement
As you can see, Jackson had to wear an Elizabethan Collar due to a cut on his paw. He hated that thing. He is a sweet dog, but not the smartest of the bunch. He didn't understand that because his peripheral vision was obstructed he would need to TURN his body left or right to see what he was about to run into. He woud run into furniture, people, Murphy, etc. But the BEST memory of Jackson in the collar.....

This is how I found Jackson one afternoon when I came home. He was stuck. He walked himself into a wall and couldn't figure his way out of this mess. I don't know how long he was standing there, but Murphy and I watched him (and took a picture) for several minutes before I physically turned him around. He was quite upset about the ordeal. It was funny, but very pathetic and sad. I got him a clear collar that evening.

HOW MY BABY IS LIKE MY DOGS AND VICE VERSA

1. They chew on shoes.
2. They drool a lot. *
3. They beg for food.*
4. They love to get snuggles, but only when tired or fussy.
5. They manage to get ME more wet than themselves when I give them a bath.
6. They ALL require some sort of containment or else... utter destruction.
7. They get excited when the mailman comes to the door (or anyone else).
8. They will lick, eat, and/or play with just about anything off the floor. *
9. They make friends without saying a word.
10. They make my day with their quick, little smiles and unconditional love. *

* Denotes those applicable to my husband as well.

__________________________________________________________ KITCHEN UPDATE


You may remember, several months ago I told you my woes surrounding a water leak in our kitchen. We FINALLY started renovation this week!!!! That is why I am so delayed in updating the blog. It has been "challenging" to say the least. I actually could think of some better words for the past few days, but this is a family-friendly blog. Let's just say it is quite impossible to keep a roaming child out of a kitchen- away from the gas line sticking out of the wall and electrical cords. Not to mention trying to feed a small child without a sink or any other appliance. It is fun. So fun in fact, I am running away to Granny's house. I'm out until after Christmas. I'll try and update again soon. Until then.... Happy Christmas shopping, decorating, cooking, card -sending, wrapping, and all the other things on your to-do-list!







No comments: