
On Wednesday night, our bible study had a dinner party in celebration of Jaime's Birthday and Christmas. Rebecca, our resident organizer who will never take credit for her fabulous planning abilities, had a wonderful idea to make the night fun. We all brought our favorite book to exchange. We played book "white elephant" and had a great time stealing each other's new treasures. I ended up with a book called "90 minutes in Heaven" about a man who died (at the scene) in a car accident and came back to life 90 minutes later and (obviously) lived to tell about it and write a book. I'll let you know how it turns out. My favorite book, Marley and Me, ended up in Erin's worthy hands. I was hoping it would go to a fellow dog-lover.





On Thursday, Josh and I went up to Plano to eat lunch and play with Hanna, Faye, Samuel, and Kelly. The mall we went to has a super cool playground that even gets me excited. It is a picnic table with giant items made of foam. There is a bottle of ketchup, a cup, a spoon, a plate and eggs. I don't really get the eggs, but whatever. I tried to get a picture of all three kiddos playing, but Hanna is too fast for the camera. Josh really enjoyed sitting in the giant cup, until some kid wacked him in the head with his foot. Poor Josh, it seems he is always the youngest whereever we go. But not the smallest. Oh- and while we were there, we saw Santa walking back to his chair (maybe he was at lunch, or on a smoke break) and he waved right at us!!! It was very exciting!


Friday was another fun day with friends. I went to lunch with Sylvia, Michelle, and Jennifer while Josh hung out at home with my previously mentioned friend, Rebecca. Sweet Rebecca played with Josh and even got some snuggles out of the deal. Lucky Rebecca, he doesn't give those out very often. Summer came over as well and played with my dogs and kept Rebecca company. It's so great to have friends to help out when you need a little break.
After lunch it was off to a kid's Christmas party with Katie and Thomas. We put Katie and Josh in the wagon together- it was awfully cute. Of course, Josh tried to pull Katie's' pants off, as he usually does. Josh loves that wagon. He will see it "parked"at the house and will crawl up to it and jump up and down and look at me with longing eyes. Yesterday, he was desperate for a ride but I had to tidy up the house, so I strapped him in the wagon and wheeled him all over the house while I put "Chris droppings" in there rightful place. That is my name for all the random things Chris leaves in various places around the house. A Chris dropping may be a pair of shoes in the hallway, or a screwdriver in the sink. Anyway, Josh thoroughly enjoyed his housebound wagon ride.
We are in for a Santa-filled weekend! Three Christmas parties in two days. Busy, Busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment