Friday, March 7, 2014

Photo Friday 3/7



This is the view I was enjoying the majority of last week. 
Tough week, I know. 


I had the absolute pleasure of going to Florida with four of my sweet running mom friends. 
We had the most dream-like escape from reality. 

We started off our trip at this sidewalk cafe, just off the beach. 


We had real food (yada yada), yummy sangria, and THEN WE HAD THIS! 
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Molten Cake.
A La Mode. 

After a delicious lunch, we walked on the beach and twinkled our toes in the cool water. 



Top moment of the trip? 
Picking up pizza to-go and eating it on the beach. 
Absolutely the best lunch atmosphere anywhere! 


More Chocolate. More Sangria.
Why do I love traveling with fellow mom-running friends? 
We all had the EXACT same wishes and desires for the trip.
Relax. Eat. Drink. Relax. Run a bit. Eat. Drink. 
AND- one morning I woke up to coffee already made and my laundry folded! 
I do love these ladies. 

Perfection

Proof that we really DID run the half marathon that was the entire reason we went to Florida. 
See! Medals, and everything! 
It was a tough run, we all agreed- we could of done without it. 


Post- race, we went straight to the beach and jumped into the ocean. 
The freezing cold, yet refreshingly beautiful ocean. 



Then, we ran screaming to my friend's dad's house and jumped into the hot tub. 
He delivered a tall glass of champagne to each of us and we enjoyed champagne while soaking up the last few hours of our amazing paradise girls'  weekend. 

OR NOT!
Lucky us... there was a random ice storm in Texas and our flight home got cancelled! 
Once we knew all the kids and husbands would be ok... 
we were all...
"WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!' 
Bonus day! 
Straight back home to drink wine, eat hummus and chesse, and watch the Oscars. 
YES! This is what dreams are made of!

Meanwhile, back in Texas...

MeMe and Barn and Chris were taking care of the little ones. 
Love this one of Emily reading in her room.

We got to FaceTime a lot, which was fun. 
This is a shot from our typical FT session - Josh making funny faces at me. 

Oops! Wrong phone Emily! 

Sweeties dressed up for church on a cold morning. 


Look! Emily has learned how to do her own hair!
 Looks great, right? 



Working hard at Josh's Elementary School with all the big kids. 


You may remember a few months ago I posted a video of Emily singing "Happy Jesus," her version of "Happy Birthday". This is her newest version... she's getting better! I love that sweet sound of her voice. 

This is the best picture I could manage of Emily in her cute Irish wear for 2014. 
I'll keep trying. 

No comments: