Saturday, November 30, 2013

November catch up


Here are a few highlights of our fun November!


Josh finished up his soccer season with The Rattlers.
These big guys have been playing together since they were only 3 years old!


There have been a few awesome sibling snuggle moments, 
mostly involving "Pat-Pat" (Little Einstein's) which is Emily's 
favorite show, and Josh loves it because he gets to watch it with his sister. I think he would watch anything, including princesses, if it meant he gets to snuggle with Emily.


Chris and I had a FABULOUS trip to New York to see Phil and Anna. 
We did more in 3.5 days than you can imagine.
And, we ran into these two fine folks... 

MeMe and Barn were there too! 
It was so fun planning a trip with the whole family. 


We pretty much threw our bags in our hotel room and 
headed out on the town the minute we arrived. 
We hit Times Square first, and then went to a lovely little Irish Pub
and enjoyed some Fish, Chips and Shepard's Pie.


Then, we ended at Serendipity 2 for some frozen hot chocolate to DIE for! 
  

The next morning, we "slept in" (until 8am) and went on a 12 mile run from the Upper East Side down to Lower Manhattan and around to the Brooklyn Bridge. It was such a beautiful morning and a fabulous way to see the city. We stopped countless times to check things out and take pictures. 
We ended our healthy run on the Brooklyn side of the bridge... 
at Grimaldi's for a giant New York Pizza Pie. 
A fun "run date" with my husband. 
One of my top best memories of all times. 



After a quick costume change, we did the "tourist thing" 
and took the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty for a quick tour around her grounds. 
It was coooooold. 
That's all I remember. 


Our real purpose of the trip was to see my big brother's amazing accomplishment in Philadelphia, The Barnes Foundation, which he was head architect. 
Or so he says. 


 

I made him prove it. 
And, there is was... his name on the building. 
Okay, he's legit. 
Let's continue. 

Soooo, turns out, Phil is REALLY good at this "architecture" thing. 
The Barnes Foundation was a true experience, from the moment you walk from the parking lot into the garden entrance. 
When I think back on how the building and the art made me feel, I would say 
"relaxed or refreshed." 
And I don't think that is only because I wasn't chasing Emily around or telling Josh 
to "use your inside voice" 30 times. 
It is a truly beautiful building, or "space" as Phil would say. 



I won't lie,  I am a proud baby sister. 
The proudest, in fact. 
I think most of my friends are beyond 
sick of my continuous bragging on his talents. 




After a few hours at The Barnes, we walked about .25miles down the street to see my sister-in-law's stunning Leger Art Exhibit which she curated. Here is gorgeous Anna who was treating us to a private tour of the exhibit.  In the background is the featured piece, The City, by Leger. 
To be honest, I did not know much about the artist, but after Anna's interesting and no doubt, "dumbed down" guided tour, I left intrigued and inspired to see more of his work- and others. 



After all that culture and fanciness in New York, 
we had to get back to our 
roots in Texas.


A few weeks later, we went to Wimberely to see Granee and Pa and the rest of the family for our 
Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.  

Emily was for excited about the new accessories she got for Christmas. 



The kids enjoyed hours and hours of fun in the beautiful hill country weather. 
I think they ran 2 miles everyday together, back and forth, over and over again. 

This video is just a snapshot of the fun. 

To get into the holiday spirit, we went to the Wimberely Trail of Lights, which was fabulous! 
Lots of little people and little tinkle lights. 
We roasted hotdogs and s'mores over a giant camp fire. 
And the kids had a blast running along the winding pathway that led to Santa's workshop.



I think Granee and Pa were in heaven having
 all their grandchildren in one place-
and their favorite place, Wimberely. 

Me and my (silly) babies. 


Happy Fall! 

No comments: