Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summertime wrap up.


Well, I can't say I'm sad to see this summer come to a close. I just wish the weather man would catch up with the calendar! It is still blistering hot in our land and we are all sick of it. Josh even asked the other day if it will ever rain again and said, "Mommy, it is just toooooooo hot to do anything!!!"
I agree, son.

We have had our fun, mind you. Lots of pool visits, science camp, gymnastics camp, and visits from friends. Plenty of memories to fill our minds and make us smile. Of course, we have also had two bouts of the stomach bug, each leaving me and Minigirl in the hospital for re-hydration and countless boring afternoons stuck inside because it's even too hot to go to the pool. To wrap up our summer scrapbook of photos, I will focus on the last few fun times of the summer. Beginning with a super fun visit from our favorite pal, Matthewjones.


After a few weeks of Josh telling me that, "Jesus wants me to play with Matthewjones" (Oh, playing the Jesus card, are we???) I begged Tricia and Steven to borrow their sweet son for a few days. They obliged and we headed to meet Tricia, Will, and Matt halfway between our cities to begin my adventure with two boys. On the way to meet them, Josh said, " Let the silliness begin." Oh geesh, what was I in for?

This is what I was in for. Silliness and giggles all around. These two had so much fun. I don't know if they ever stopped laughing for 3 days.

We went to a super cool children's museum. The kids (ok, and the moms) got to stand inside a bubble, see all sorts of insects, and play weather man!


Once we got home, the boys enjoyed playing hours of board games, Legos, and looking at the license plates on Josh's walls. I'm not really sure Josh even had noticed the 50 license plates surrounding his room until Matthewjones got there to point them all out. One day, we hosted a little slide party in the backyard. The only word for how the boys attacked that slide (and each other) is "fearless." They would all walk UP the slide (tisk, tisk) together and then all at once slide down as fast as they could so they would end up in a big pile at the bottom. After trying to control the madness for about 15 minutes, all of the moms realized we were not going to win this battle. There are some times when lessons must be learned the hard way. Especially for hard headed boys.

At the end of Josh's fun week with his favorite buddy, I got a fun weekend with my some of my favorite buddies! In celebration of Tricia's birthday, and just because we always want an excuse to be pampered, my college girlfriends and I spent a blissful day at the spa.
If you ask me what my perfect weekend would be, it would be this Austin weekend.
Drinks at Trudy's with my girls- done. (Ok, so I couldn't drink, but still fun.)
Day at the Spa- done.
Dinner on the lake - done.
Early morning run at Town Lake - done.
Kerbey Lane Queso and pancakes- done.
Absolute perfection.
(During non-pregnant and allowed to eat deli meat times, Thundercloud Subs for lunch would be on this list, but I'm not allowed, so boo.)

Thank goodness the circus came to town, because Josh was really lacking in his daily allowance of cotton candy.
I love this picture.
"Mom, Dad!!! You're soooooo embarrassing!!!"

Obviously, Josh didn't inherit his mother's fear of creepy clowns. Look at that smile on his face!

Luckily, there is no short of things to do inside for fun during the blistering days of summer. A new indoor aquarium opened and we were excited to check it out. Look at these two cuties, so happy together. It was a fun day of shark hunting and Nemo-spotting.

Our summer officially wraps up next week, can't wait for Josh's final year of Preschool to start!


5 comments:

Tricia said...

Stop it. That picture of us in our robes...Nicole's face is too much. Seriously, can you hear me giggling?? It was a fantastic weekend for sure, my friend. One that we can hopefully repeat every year! Yessss! And, I love the pics from Matt's visit. Looks like they had a blast, and why wouldn't they? Matt (& Will) can't wait to reunite at the beach in a week! Let the silliness begin. Again.

Phil said...

seriously. the whole clowns thing has always eluded me.

Phil(again) said...

...and as a clown myself, that's saying a lot.

Phil(yet again) said...

I love having a conversation with myself on a blog. How are you Phil? just fine. How are you?.

Ok. I'm done.

Back to work and preparing for this week's earthquake/hurriance/locusts in New york.

Nicole said...

Yes, why am a making such a face? We did have fun. Another summer of delights, including you and your fambly!