Monday, June 6, 2011

Guess what??




Three guesses who's going to be a big brother in December?
Poor Josh was probably the last person to find out the news that we're expecting baby #2, but we still had so much fun telling him the other night. Because he has been begging for a baby brother or baby sister for about 2 years now, we wanted to be super safe and wait out that dreaded first trimester to tell him the great news. In fact, just a few weeks ago, out of the blue, Josh said to me,
"Mommy, we need to stop having dogs and have a baby brother or baby sister instead." He has never been shy with his requests. Well, it was well worth the wait. As usual, Josh's excitement was explosive.

Josh's favorite game is the matching game. He plays the old school board game kind and the new virtual kind found on my phone. He is crazy good at it; beats me every time. So, I made a homemade matching game with faces of all his friends and their little brothers and sisters and me and Chris and our siblings. I included a picture of him and a picture of our 13 week U/S, the one that actually looks like a baby human. We lined them up into two rows and had him match all the siblings. He did great and got all the matches pretty quickly. The moment he matched himself with the baby is priceless. I won't tell you, you have to watch it yourself. Priceless, I tell you.



Our fetus is a dinosaur. I love it. I love it so much. I love that he said it and is so innocent when we laugh about it.
I. LOVE. THIS. KID!!!

I'm pregosaurus.

Get it?

Heehee.
Here are a few candid moments as we were telling him all about his baby brother or sister.


When I asked him where he thinks the baby is right now, he didn't skip a beat and pointed at me and said, "In your belly!!!" I thank all my fertile friends for prepping him for that moment.

As soon as he remembered where babies hang out for 9 months, he grabbed for my belly, gave it a big kiss and a hug and said to my belly, "I'm your big brother, little baby." Ohh! It was a precious moment indeed.




And this is what happens to your baby's first picture when you have a the coolest big brother on the planet. Uncle Phil did it again with his mad photoshop skills. Our baby may only be the size of a shrimp, but he/she already knows how to give the Horns a shout out.




So, our little family is growing to 4 humans + 2 dogs! We are so excited and blessed beyond belief. Josh and Chris are convinced it's a girl, but I don't have a feeling either way. I knew the minute I saw the little bouncing bean with Josh that is was going to be an active boy. This one, I have no clue. Although, as you can see from this picture, this baby is all about doing acrobatics as well. Here he/she is being caught on ultrasound in mid-flip. Seriously, we watched as the baby laid supine and quickly flipped onto it's head. Impressive.

All I know is, I have been sick as a dog and have spent most of the past three months asleep. I have finally woken up from my slumber and nausea and can now walk into our kitchen without wanting to run the opposite direction. Chris has been amazing! No way I could have survived the first trimester without him helping me so much and being so supportive. Josh, too, has been amazing while I've been feeling so sick. He let me rest when I needed to and would even peek his little head in my room and say, "I'm just checking on you, Mommy." There is no doubt in my mind he is going to be an amazing big brother!

6 comments:

believe it or not...it's just me said...

cute! I am excited about your dinosaur as well!! :)

The Q. Family said...

So happy for y'all!!

Nicole said...

I also really enjoyed the squeal that came out when you explained what the ultrasound picture was. True excitement! I can relate! Love you guys.

JulieAnn said...

Awesome!

NikkiT said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Joy said...

He is going to be a GREAT big bro. That is the sweetest. So happy for you guys.