Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go.

Lately, Josh has been found in some very interesting spots around the house.

One very cold winter day, Josh insisted on "turning on the fire."

(((((Eek! His father will HATE that he calls it that.)))))

"Josh man. Josh MAKE fire." (Insert caveman voice here).

I obliged, and turned on the fire with our handy "fire-starting key-thingy," (as this modern woman calls it). Josh promptly went into his bedroom, got his pillow and special cuddle friends (blankie, Baby, and Matthewjones the Caterpillar). I was so excited. I thought, "Oh, my sweet boy wants to cuddle with me in front of the fireplace." I picked up the phone to cancel all our afternoon plans when I saw him get his portable DVD player and position it perfectly for a private movie party... that I was not invited to. Ooch. However, my hurt feeling did not stop me from making him some hot chocolate and popcorn. It was a great afternoon.


All you boys out there will no doubt remember these guys. I remember my brother pretending they were shooting my Barbies. Josh loves his army men. I was quite impressed with his latest line up around the ottoman. He positioned himself in the perfect spot to spy on the enemy.

This is quite possibly his new favorite spot. He made himself cozy in our basket of blankets the other day. He calls it his "boat" and you can find him there daily from 4-4:30 reading a book.

Another hot spot around our house has become his new desk. Actually, it is a desk passed down from the older generations to Josh, if you can't tell by the awesome 80's inspired wood stain. He doesn't seem to care and LOVES having a big boy desk in his room. He will sit for at least 20 minutes (which is like 8 hours in adult land) coloring pictures. It's delightful.
Best part?
He calls it his "craft desk."
He is soooo my son.
The boy is not humble when it comes to showing off his art work. He will get my camera and say, "Mommy, it's time to take more pictures of my drawings because they are so beautiful." Currently, his favorite colors to use are (in his terms, not Crayola's) "Golden Yellow" and "Wicked Red."

When he is not creating his masterpieces, you can find Josh under here, in his "garage." The first time he hid under there during a heated hide-and-sneak match, I started getting very nervous after not finding him for several minutes. And that stinker WOULD NOT give himself up! Another someone who has been getting into a tight spot... Jackson. Guess what we keep in that closet? A big garbage can full of dog food that Jackson has learned to help himself to. Naughty.

Enough blogging.

I gotta go find Josh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last comment was for 'Oh, What a party'. Love the boat and garage! What beautiful pictures you have on the frig! ~granee

Nicole said...

Great dino pics, MB! Can't wait to color with you soon.