Monday, May 28, 2007

24 Carat


We had a fabulous trip to visit all the relations. As you can see from the picture, Josh shared in the long hours of driving. First, it was down south to Wharton to see the family. Oscar loved meeting his first GREAT Grandson. He kept saying... " He's 24 carat, Chris, he's 24 carat." So sweet. Oscar always has the greatest little sayings that make you smile. Granny Gayle introduced Josh to Patty Cake, which sent him into giggles every time. I accidentally taught him how to spit bubbles with his mouth - oops. I was trying to entertain him in the car and I was sticking my tongue out at him and making "ppppsssttt" sounds and he did it right back at me!!!! He was sticking his tongue out and making funny noises at people ALL weekend. So inappropriate! He slept well, even though he was in a new place. I did have to let him hold my finger until he fell asleep. His little chubby fingers wrapped around my finger until he finally was so relaxed he let go.... another sweet memory to store away.

On our way back home we stopped by for a quick visit with Granny and Granddad Ryan. Our first trip to see them! They couldn't believe how big he has grown in such a short time. All 18 pounds of rolly-polly goodness. Granddad Ryan was singing him an Irish nursery rhyme, something about a little boy riding to Dublin, I'm not real sure, but it was cute.

Now I'm off to bed so I can spend all day tomorrow recovering and unpacking all the mounds of baby gear that we had to load up. For such a little guy, he sure does require a lot of stuff.

No comments: