
Hi! I'm Joshua's dad, and we've successfully navigated -- and survived -- Week 1 with Baby Joshua. Joshua arrived a cool day in January and shares his birthdya with his uncle Phil. He tipped the scales at a svelte 7 lbs., 13 oz. and measured 20 in. in length (can you say "future NBA star"?).
During Week 1 we've changed about 50 diapers, but despite not having any control over his bladder or bowels, Joshua is very advanced for his age. He is very strong, already picking his head up and looking around at the blurry figures constantly cooing around him, as well as pushing himself up with his arms and legs briefly from time to time. He is also currently working on his dissertation about why poop on a diet of only breast milk can smell and look so awful. In fact, I had to pull him away from the computer to type this post. Sorry little man!
Although I've counted the survival of Week 1 as an accomplishment, I am trying to be prepared for what I've been warned is the "wake-up week" -- Week 2 -- when cute little babies begin to find their little (or should I say not-so-little) voices and begin to try to explain to us what it is that they want. Of course, despite Joshua's advanced intelligence, there is still a bit of a communication gap, and I expect that on top of any feelings of hunger, exhaustion, or messy diaper, his feelings of frustration with our ineptitude with figuring out what he wants may be overwhelming.
Stay tuned to see if we triumph and live to post a Week 2 update.
During Week 1 we've changed about 50 diapers, but despite not having any control over his bladder or bowels, Joshua is very advanced for his age. He is very strong, already picking his head up and looking around at the blurry figures constantly cooing around him, as well as pushing himself up with his arms and legs briefly from time to time. He is also currently working on his dissertation about why poop on a diet of only breast milk can smell and look so awful. In fact, I had to pull him away from the computer to type this post. Sorry little man!
Although I've counted the survival of Week 1 as an accomplishment, I am trying to be prepared for what I've been warned is the "wake-up week" -- Week 2 -- when cute little babies begin to find their little (or should I say not-so-little) voices and begin to try to explain to us what it is that they want. Of course, despite Joshua's advanced intelligence, there is still a bit of a communication gap, and I expect that on top of any feelings of hunger, exhaustion, or messy diaper, his feelings of frustration with our ineptitude with figuring out what he wants may be overwhelming.
Stay tuned to see if we triumph and live to post a Week 2 update.
No comments:
Post a Comment