This sweet little princess is officially a toddler!
We are busy, busy around here!
Emily is growing into her own little person.
She is up to 28 pounds and continues to be off the charts in both growth and cuteness.
Her vocabulary grows daily. This is when I wish I had a head video camera attached at all times.
You know, like those guys who sky dive?
I would capture every little sound and that sweet look of pride when she masters a new word.
Here are her words, or at least the ones consistent and obvious to us.
I am sure her list would be ten times longer, but we haven't caught up to speed with her yet.
"Ball"
"Uh-Oh"
"Bye-bye"
"Mo-Mo" = More
"Da Da"
"This?"
"Nana"= Banana
"Awshh" = Josh
"Ma Ma"
"Dog"
"Boo"= Book"
Everything she sees and touches, she says, "This?" She wants to know the name of everything. Sometimes she is satisfied after I tell her the name. Other times, she insists on touching, holding, and manipulating the object.
Like when she inquired about Chris' razor the other day.
It didn't end well when I wouldn't let her play with the sharp object.
Emily got a baby doll stroller for Easter.
She will spend all day pushing that thing in circles around the house.
Things that have taken a ride in the baby doll stroller:
My running shoe
Buzz Lightyear
Dog food bowl
An avocado
Numerous books
My cell phone
A spatula
Josh
Four lightsabers all at once
Before the child even turned one, she was trying to steal my phone.
Now, at 16 months, she has mastered the swipe and has a strangely
intimate relationship with Suri.
It's straight up scary.
She got the curls.
Poor thing.
They are beyond precious now,
but she will hate them in 20 years.
but she will hate them in 20 years.
She still hates hair bows.
She looks at me like I have completely betrayed her,
then pulls the bow out
and very dramatically throws it on the ground.
Yep, see that picture up there.
That's the look.
"Why? Why would you do this to me???"
As I have said countless times, Josh and Emily not only look identical, but they are pretty much the same child. I mean, there are some differences, of course. Basically, the "Y" chromosome's love for trucks/cars/planes/helicopters/car transporters has been replaced with the "X" chromosome's love for shoes, make-up, and Tupperware. A girl can't have too much of any of those 3 things.
Emily LOVES animals.
Dogs, in particular, but any animal will do.
To her, all animals are dogs.
She sees a bird.
"Dog!!!"
As she goes chasing after it.
A goat- "Dog???"
A cow- "Dog!!!!"
Even a fish- "Dog??"
And this poor rabbit- "Dog!!!!!"
You know what else Emily loves?
Carbs.
Pizza in particular.
Curls aren't the only thing she got from her Mommy.
She loves to clap and wave. Sometimes she gets the two confused, and it's so cute.
Other times, she just waves her hands in the air and stomps her little feet - left-right-left-right- on the ground.
I think she is dancing, but it's not clear just yet.
I think she is dancing, but it's not clear just yet.
She still gets lots of love from her big brother. He takes such good care of her. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them playing together and laugh together. Although, turning around and finding them holding hands in the backseat of the car was pretty close to my most fabulous moment in time.
She is continuously on the go.
She spends most of her day walking all over the house with random things in her hands.
Although we miss Josh during the day, us girls sure have fun hanging out with each other.
Sometimes, Emily looks so serious. She has the BEST facial expressions.
Here she is walking down a hallway at church-
determined to be on time.
Emily has a thing for dog food.
I CAN NOT keep her out of it.
She ate a piece once, I guess she learned her lesson because she doesn't try to eat it anymore.
She just plays with it.
In this particular picture, she had found a tiny cap to a travel hair product in my bathroom and proceeded to fill the cap up with 5 pieces of dog food and pour it on the floor for Jackson.
She did this over and over and over.
Giggling each time Jackson would eat the food she gave him.
Emily now has a new best friend.
No worries, she doesn't leave Murphy out.
The other day, I found her here feeding Murphy peas.
Emily is so funny about chairs.
Random, I know, but she LOVES sitting in little chairs, big chairs- any chair.
She also loves to sit in people's lap.
Watch out if you are sitting Indian Style around her.
She will back herself right down into your lap.
Emily has recently figured out where her nose and where her belly button are located.
Therefore, she spends a large majority of the day walking around with her shirt pulled up exposing her glorious belly.
By no means is life all roses here in Toddlerville.
There are times, she acts like the toddler she is.
She is a super picky eater.
She likes bananas, pizza, cheese, and M&Ms (we can thank Josh's generous heart for that).
She only eats veggies in broccoli form or out of one of those baby pouches.
I wonder when I have to take those things away.
But, for the most part, she is happy as long as she is busy.
She loves to slide at the park and to run free in the grass.
Emily loves A LOT of things.
But, nothing more than her DaDa.
I love, love, love this picture that I captured one evening.
Daddy and daughter having a little conversation on a nice day.
I wonder what they were talking about?


















1 comment:
LOVE this post!!! I was highly entertained...giggling, crying, and nodding my head in knowing agreement with you, girl. It's fun to hear about Emily's latest escapades and shenanigans and her budding personality. And I totally boo-hooed at the holding hands picture. OMG for real. Precious kids, Al.
Post a Comment