Our annual UT reunion group.
It keeps growing, and growing, and growing. The scary part is the Adult : Kid ratio is changing. We are almost outnumbered. Emily will make it a tie, then they will take over. Who's going to produce the tie breaker, I wonder???
They are small, but they have high demands.
It was another TERRIFIC year. Personally, I think it was our best year yet! That may have something to do with the fact that Josh is very independent, can swim on his own, and our other child is safely contained in the womb and can't cause too much trouble... yet. Next year will be a whole different ball game. Here is (most) of the group enjoying our typical after-beach hang out in the pool.

When we asked Josh his VERY FAVORITE part of the trip, he immediately answered, "When we stayed up really, really, really late and had glow sticks in the pool!!!" I must say, that was a fun memory.

As usual, Chris was the "Beach King" (people really do call him that, not just me) and took care of all the heavy lifting with the help of some of the other gentlemen. They even saved all the flip flops, beach bags, and kid's toys when Tropical Storm Lee brought the tide all the way up to the dunes and tried to wash away all our precious things, including Chris' TRUCK!!!!!
Our heroes!

We were the happy roommates of Matthewjones, Willy Worm, and his parents again this year. Such easy and fun buddies to travel with. The boys had a great time, as always. Here they are being silly, imagine that!!! Although the tropical storm kicked up some nastiness for our first day at the beach, once it passed we delighted in the clear water, awesome waves, and perfect sandy beaches.
My amazing girlfriends planned a surprise baby shower for me for our girl's night. I am still in awe over #1: how they pulled off planning a shower without me knowing #2: not ONE person slipping those first days #3: All the generous gifts #4: the beautiful and yummy treats and #5: how completely special and loved I felt. I was literally speechless. When I walked into the room, they were all standing in a semi-circle like in the picture and I was thinking, "What is wrong with everyone??? What are they looking at???" Then I thought, "Why is everything in here pink??" Then, I thought, "Why can't I walk???" This is when I realized my dress was stuck in the closed door. I'm so graceful during these special moments. All these thoughts took place over what felt like 20 minutes. Needless to say, I'm not very quick when it comes to things like this. It was an amazing night and I am so grateful for each of these women.

Thanks to The Oliver's, Emily already has her outfit for next year's big UT beach picture! And, I can't wait to show off the St. Patrick's Day tutu Emily received from the McAfees! If it was appropriate, I would get one to match (I am referring to the cheerleading uniform AND the tutu, just to be clear).
Our game day festivities took place as tradition requires. Here is our pathetic attempt at our big kid picture. Just as we sat all the kids down in a perfect little line, a big wave came all the way up onto the beach and took 60% of the kids down. It was hilarious. I mean, it was sad. Nope, really, it was hilarious.
You would think my nurse instincts would cause me to jump and save all the young babies from the salt water. Negative. Instead, I just kept snapping pictures of all the parents running after their babies and all the kids screaming. Ahhh, memories.
After all the kids recovered from the great wave, we lined them up for the toddler races.
The kids had a great time playing in the big waves and in the sand. Sweet and patient Uncle Damon let all the kids bury him in the sand. He was such a good sport especially when John decided to make him into a mermaid.
Grill night was a big hit. I think we scare the other condo guests and the condo staff members. When I checked-in, the manager gave me this look that I can only describe as fearful excitement and said, " Oh, great ((((long pause)))), we've been waiting for y'all." I could almost hear the dramatic "dun dun dun" playing in the background.
The following two pictures wrap up Josh's mood for the beach weekend.
Silly, excited, and loud.


Gee, I wonder why anyone would be scared of this sweet, angelic face?????
Our last UT beach picture as a family of 3. We had a great trip and are so blessed to have all our old friends in our lives after all these years.
Do we really have to wait a WHOLE year to do this again???
1 comment:
Glow sticks in the pool! Sounds like a treat. So glad y'all had a blast.
Post a Comment